1,739 results
All reviews hotel museum beautiful hotel star hotel grounds are amazing hotel guests small balcony breakfast buffet is magical place standard room central america guatemala city an oasis visiting antigua monastery candles wedding art
Reviewed 6 October 2018 via mobile

Visiting the hotel you go back hundread of years. You feel like being part of history. Excellent hotel, spa and museum. Staff very freindly and always ready to fulfill your needs. Restaurant with delicious options. Totally recommended. Lot to see and do. Take a time to visit
the spa, just great!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
GerardoGarcia2017, Director de Recepción at Hotel Museo Spa Casa Santo Domingo, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Ada Lys Alonzo d,

We would like to thank you for your marvelous review about your experience at Casa Santo Domingo. We want to let you know that it was a real pleasure for every member of our staff to receive you and to make your visit as unforgettable as expected.

Your words towards our staff are very much appreciated. We really hope you come back soon.

Reviewed 28 September 2018 via mobile

My favorite place in Antigua and the best Hotel in Guatemala, gently people, delicius food, great Pool, beautifull spa, excelent location, full of history Perfect to stay with my family. We love it!!!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family

Dear Charly G,

Thank you very much for such a nice comment. We are honored to hear your compliments about the location, amenities, and service of Casa Santo Domingo. We hope that you will return to stay with us again.

Reviewed 27 September 2018

The Hotel Santo Domingo is superb. the total experience makes it magical. Having it's own parking, walking to the reception through original paintings and then arriving to this magnificent hotel. It all is done with detail. The personnel is helpful and kind. I couldn't find anything to complain about

Room Tip: Spa Area is just gorgeous with direct access to the beautiful Spa.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
GerardoGarcia2017, Director de Recepción at Hotel Museo Spa Casa Santo Domingo, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear fergmez,

I am delighted to hear we met and exceeded your expectations during your recent stay at Casa Santo Domingo. We appreciate you taking the time to give your feedback about stay.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 25 September 2018 via mobile

I volunteer with a group of medical providers through Hospital de la Familia Foundation. We travel to a remote area of Guatemala and provide medical care to people who cannot afford it. It is usually an exhausting week and we always enjoy some relaxation at Casa Santo Domingo at the end of our trip.
The staff is always helpful, the grounds are beautiful and the rooms are clean and comfortable. the restaurant is superb, even by San Francisco, California standards.
The hotel is built around Mayan Ruins which are amazing. The museum on the grounds is also interesting and well worth a visit. It’s small, so you don’t have to feel like it’s going to take up a lot of time.
The pool, spa and gym are also great.
I highly recommend Casa Santo Domingo if staying in Antigua.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank likecomfy

Dear likecomfy,

I am delighted to hear we met and exceeded your expectations during your recent stay at Casa Santo Domingo. We appreciate you taking the time to give your feedback.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

We traveled to Antigua Guatemala for a wedding. The hotel for the events was the Hotel Santo Domingo.

It is a beautiful old monastery-style hotel that is well known in the area.

The hotel is beautiful with lots of art expositions and a beautiful spa.

My complaints start when you go to the rooms. Our room was number 158. It was NOISY, we could hear noise from the street and the room vibrates with each vehicle going down the street, we asked for another room but they were at capacity.

The decorations are outdated and the beds are somewhat comfortable but not what you’d expect for a 5 Star hotel.

The food that we had in the restaurant was outstanding but the service was somewhat slow.

I don’t know if the other rooms are quieter or newer, but unless I can be guaranteed that the room won’t be as noisy I think I’d rather stay elsewhere.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Adejespinosa
GerardoGarcia2017, Director de Recepción at Hotel Museo Spa Casa Santo Domingo, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Adejespinosa,

Thank you for staying at our Hotel during your visit to La Antigua Guatemala. We value all the comments we receive from our guests since these help us improve our service.

In La Antigua cobblestone streets are a characteristic that has persisted through the years - we are very sorry to know that noise disturbed your stay. Also, let me tell you we have been making so many improvements in our rooms and facilities.
If you return, please contact me at ggarcia@casasantodomingo.com.gt so I can make your reservation according to your preferences and make sure you have a good time.

Kind Regards,