Hotel Museo Spa Casa Santo Domingo
Casa Encantada(Antigua)
US$154
US$130
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Casa Bella(Antigua)(Great Value!)
US$61
US$56
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Casa Antigua(Antigua)(Great Value!)
US$84
US$54
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$64/night.

D'Leyenda Hotel(Antigua)(Great Value!)
La Ermita(Antigua)(Great Value!)
US$130
TripAdvisor
1,604 results
All reviewschocolate factorybeautiful hotelhotel museumstar hotelmodern artgrounds are amazingsmall balconyhotel guestsbreakfast buffet isevery cornermagical placebottled watercentral americaguatemala cityan oasisvisiting antiguafew blocks
Reviewed 22 January 2012

After 20 some odd years & counting in the hospitality business in Central America, I think I know a good local place when I see it and Santo Domingo provides some of the best accomodations, decor & service in Central America. Although it is a very large property, service for the most part was very good, only complaint was the lack of a doorman to help us with our luggage upon arrival at the main door of the hotel. It's a long walk from the entry door to the new reception desk - especially when schleping luggage. At a 5 star hotel, one would expect a doorman to be avail always to deal with this issue.

Decor in the hotel is wonderful, especially for lovers of authentic colonial architecture and art. Candles are everywhere and provide a healthy dose of authenticity to the mix. Little things like turndown service, free morning paper in Spanish, free afternoon tea and coffee, robes, wood for the fireplace, replaced each evening were all nice touches.

Their new restaurant Tenedor del Cerro, located on a hill 10 mins from the hotel is quite lovely, more like something you would see at a Colorado ski resort - all wood and glass and modern - and with a truly superb view out and over Antigua and its volcanoes. As a breakfast place this restaurant will soon become " the " place to munch in the Antigua am. Prices are excellent and value is great - and the view and ambiance cant be beat.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony as it gives you more light, more ventilation and a place to sit in the am and have you first cup of Antigua coffee (brewed on your in room coffee maker).
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 January 2012

I just want to say it blows my mind that this hotel has been rated 3.5 stars...this is a 5-star hotel!!! I've stayed here many, many times, I got married here! my family from Canada stayed here during the wedding and they loved it! my dream wedding came true! it was very romantic, it is a very romantic place, they light over 1000 candles every night, it's not only beautiful -naturally- but it's unique, you will not find a place like this anywhere else...Antigua Guatemala is a special place and I strongly recommend when traveling there, to stay in Casa Santo Domingo. I read a comment about the rooms being "outdated", this used to be a convent, it's walls, ruins, stones, etc, are kept the way it was 500 years ago, but with modern, upscale amenities, it's magical...and the staff is great, friendly ... oh, one more, the food ... you will love it, the chef was won many, many international awards, I wish I was there...

Room Tip: Love the Suites, my favorites are the Fraile, del Prior and del Huerto! volcano views!
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 January 2012

We stayed here for a wedding and to see Antigua and were very pleased with it. Everywhere we turned there was a work of art, whether an old sculpture or a modern puppet. The gardens were lovely and full of parrots. The halls of this former monastery were candle-lit and full of mystery. Imagine a hotel with excavations on its grounds, not only of the monks' burial crypts but from the Mayan period. The food was very good. Because we booked a cheap rate through hotels.com our room didn't have much of a view, but views were all around us. Waiters accommodating, breakfasts fine.

Room Tip: Try for 2nd floor--they have balconies.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 January 2012

Very beautiful hotel built on the ruins of an old monastery. Great amenities. Some very beautiful decor including walkways with Wisteria hanging fom overhead arches (also some odd choices in decor at times but it doesn't detract too much). It gets a good rating from me mainly because of the beauty of the place and it's history.
I have rated service as poor for a couple of reasons. Mostly due to the front desk organization. For one thing they booked us transit to their hotel even though we did not request it. We found out a day ahead of time and called them to cancel it and we were told it was canceled. But it wasnt. This left us to stand and argue with the hotel we were being transfered from that we weren't paying for two! When we went to check out they charged us for the rooms again although we had already paid. It appeared they had lost the proof of purchase that we paid through our travel agent. This still hasn't been resolved.
As far as the waiting staff they were okay. There were occasional delays in being seated even though we reserved and once we ordered wine and they only had a couple of the wines that were on their pages long wine list. Most of them only speak Spanish.
Other than dealing with the front desk -a nice experience. I would recommend not paying for anything ahead of time! But if you're going to Antigua it is a wonderful place to stay or at least visit.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank DocSnow
David B, Gerente at Hotel Museo Spa Casa Santo Domingo, responded to this reviewResponded 29 February 2012

As indicated in my last email, charge for total amount of your stay was made on your check out since the travel agency you contacted to make your reservation did not pay in advance as required. We suggest you contact your agency asap so you can confirm this information directly with them.

Reviewed 14 January 2012

A journey in time and beatiful installation - that is the offer of the hotel.This is the ex-convent made hotel so it has all that historical facilities from the 16th centruy (monks graves included). This is like sleeping in luxurious museum. The most beatiful and charming hotel I've ener been to.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business