1,054 results
All reviews underground tunnel caravan tour large pool breakfast buffet beautiful hotel main building ceiling fan beautiful grounds tamales great pool high ceilings large hotel few blocks filtered water two double beds i highly recommend this hotel central park
Reviewed 23 August 2018

Porta Antigua hosted us for 3 days of conference meetings. It's a restored historic property with cobblestones, corridors and small gardens in every corner. Poolside views of the volcanoes are more amazing in person. The room was comfortable and well appointed. Breakfast is tasty but sometimes cold when it should have been hot.
The central square is about 3 blocks walk away.
All in all we had a wonderful stay with blooming flowers everywhere. Guatemala truly is the Land of Eternal Spring!

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Percy A, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Porta Hotel Antigua, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2018

Dear Sarah M,
Thank you so much for taking the time to enrich travelers with your experience on Trip Advisor.
We were really glad to be at your service during these 3 days, and really hope there is an oportunnity to be at your service again in a near future.

Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

My man and stayed at their sister hotel Pensativo (best hotel in Antigua) we asked for spa and we were referred to Porta Hotel Antigua

We choose couple massage and as a person that loves to get massages, I can tell you that by far this is the best couple massage ever

The room was peaceful, clean, but very romantic, the ladies started washing our feet, with salts and petal water, they took their time to massage our feet, it seems as if they were synchronize, they didn’t seems to be rush

They proceeded to take us to the massage table, and I honestly thought I was in heaven, they knew the areas that I needed the most and got rid of all the knots

After the massage, they exfoliate our entire body, I swear to you that my man got rid of all his freckles (he’s ginger)

After they were done, we used the shower inside our spa room (I called it heaven on earth) and then the hot tub

The ladies told us to stay as long as we wanted and believe me, we did and it was just marvelous

Unfortunately, I font recall the names of the masseurs, I wish I did yo give them credit

Reason I don’t give 5 stars? Two

1- we have a ritual of ordering a bottle of champagne after our massages and we didn’t get it
2- I wanted to have my hair cut and color but they are eco friendly and don’t do hair color

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Percy A, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Porta Hotel Antigua, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2018

Dear Ana B,
Thank you so much for sharing such wonderful comments regarding your most recent experience at Ceiba Spa in Porta Hotel Antigua.
Our team feels really proud and glad that your expectations were exceeded, taking you to heaven at our Spa describes how much we care about our guests well and we really hope you come to visit us again in a near future.

Reviewed 20 August 2018

Overall just great. Service excellent. Great breakfast. Careful attention given to condition of room. Friendly staff. Especially Augustine. Laundry service was prompt and good. Beds were very comfortable.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Percy A, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Porta Hotel Antigua, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2018

Dear Robert O,
We appreciate so much the time you've taken to share your comments with the traveler community on Trip Advisor. We are really glad that overall you've had a great experience with us and hope that you visit us again on your next trip to Antigua
Warm wishes,

Reviewed 19 August 2018

The staff at the Porta Hotel are amazing, they are nice they are hard workers and they help with anything, I needed a dentist and in 5 minutes they had an appointment for me, room service is fast and good, and the food is very good.

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your opinion, really motivates our staff to continue exceeding our guests' expectations in every encounter and request. Hope you stay again with us really soon!

Reviewed 14 August 2018

Hotel accommodated a large group of us, and facilitated a beautiful wedding setting.
Well kept grounds, rooms, and pool. Concierge was so helpful, as was A La Carta tours for planning transportation. Young men in the bar were friendly and put up with our questions about their Chardonnay choices!!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Percy A, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Porta Hotel Antigua, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2018

Dear Mrs. Annie Curry,
Thank you so much for the comments you are sharing to the traveler community on Trip Advisor. Your comments motivate our team, specially Concierge and A la Carta Tours, to continue providing best in class service to all of our visitors.
Hope that you come to stay again with us in a near future.