Lowest prices for your stay
US$49
View deal
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
Hotels.comUS$49
Booking.comUS$49
Expedia.comUS$49
All reviews large bedroom spacious rooms quiet garden second floor nice breakfast fresh fruit home away from home place to stay visit antigua hot shower parque central hosts guatemalan refrigerator mercado
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 March 2020

This B&B is a hidden gem. It is just a few short blocks from downtown and the Mercado, but is behind a tall wall with lovely green space to keep the noise and heat of the city manageable. The rooms are quite large, very clean, and all open out to the common spaces which on the first floor is a small patio/garden and on the second floor a balcony with views to the volcanoes all around. The staff speaks great English, proprietor Daniel is around to visit and answer questions, and the breakfast (included) is delicious. French breads to die for!! Also, 24/7 access to the kitchen, coffee service, refrigerator are all nice touches. If you are looking for cozy, quiet, quaint and a good value, you will be happy with Chez Daniel. If you want more hotel like services or something right downtown, look elsewhere. I would go back here next time I am in Antigua!

Room tip: Second floor rooms require a trip upstairs so I prefer first floor, which opens out to lovely gardens.
Date of stay: February 2020
Reviewed 2 March 2020

We were extremely happy to have found this lovely spot. The hotel is quiet but close to everything. Super clean, nice breakfast, attentive staff ( Veronica is awesome) and the owner - Daniel - checked in with us every day to make sure we were happy and to chat with us. We learned alot from him. Nice garden and the terrace upstairs has an amazing view of Fuego volcano so you can watch it erupt. If we ever go back to Antigua - this will be our first choice.

Date of stay: February 2020
Reviewed 1 February 2020

We stayed in 3 different hotels in Antigua and Chez Daniel is the best. The rooms are big and nicely decorated. They have a lovely garden and a rooftop with volcano view. Ohhh and they have proper hot shower!!!!:) We enjoyed the French + Guatemalan breakfast a lot. Daniel and Maria Elena were really nice hosts, they greeted every guests in the morning. You can get good local tips about nice places to visit in & around Antigua. The restaurants they recommended were AMAZING!!! Chez Daniel will be the place to stay if we visit Antigua again!!!

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 November 2019 via mobile

Great location.
Calm and a 10 minutes walk from the Parque Central.
Spacious rooms and nice bathroom
Comfy bed.
Daniel and staff was very friendly and helpful and forthcoming.
« French » Breakfast with croissant and baguette. A good start of the day.
We spent 3 nights and a great start for our trip.
Would highly recommend this place.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 November 2019 via mobile

I found Chez Daniel through a google search looking for somewhere to stay near the hotel where a salsa Congress was being held. I was so fortunate to find this place. Booking was a breeze. Daniel and Veronica made things very simple. They were both there to welcome me when I arrived and Veronica gave me a full tour of the property and let me get settled into my room. She was truly a highlight for my time in Antigua. Daniel’s partner Maria Elena is also lovely and I enjoyed my chats with her. The facility is beautiful. My room was spacious and cozy and the bed was very comfortable for me. The water was wonderfully hot to warm me up in the evenings. The kitchen facilities are simple and clean and I made many cups of teas for quiet evenings. The place isn’t necessarily centrally located, but it’s a five minute walk to get central and a very cheap Uber as well. I loved the breakfasts. It was always fresh fruit and delicious French breads ( although one morning there were eggs and beans that were delicious) and amazing Guatemalan jams. The guava jam, I could have drunk it. I highly recommend this place. It isn’t luxe, but it’s cozy and comfy, a great value, and I’ll stay here every time I return to Antigua. I appreciate the hospitality.

Date of stay: November 2019