All reviews bar next door rooftop terrace the main square continental breakfast central park hot tub around midnight perfect location agua volcano half block charming hotel purified water light sleeper bring earplugs wonderful stay spent nights three nights
Reviewed 20 September 2018 via mobile

I would avoid this location on the weekend. The club next door is loud. It was loud weekdays but manageable. Then on Saturday night around midnight they turned the bass up and it was impossible to sleep. I went to the front desk and security said it should stop by 1 or so. And you hear people woo hooing as they dance. I also booked a shuttle with the hotel and the shuttle company switched me to a different independent company and the drivers assistant stole my phone. I thought I was being safer booking through the hotel but I recommend asking around And Booking direct with a company who manages and owns their own shuttles. Huge negative on my trip and I spent two days trying to find my phone. And an $800 phone stolen.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 September 2018

This is a small and cozy hotel that is really well located close to the central plaza. The staff is incredibly kind and helpful. The hotel features a great rooftop balcony with beautiful views of Volcan de Agua.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
DLeyendaHotel, Director de Recepción at D'Leyenda Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

Thank you for your comment, we hope you come back soon.

Best regards,

D´Leyenda Staff

Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

Thank you for another wonderful stay! Charming Antigua hotel with friendly staff, nice breakfast service and Antiguan details, steps away from park. Always secured and safe, beautiful views from rooftop.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 June 2018

Booked this hotel based off other TA reviews and based off it's location. Here is my low down:
LOCATION: Great! The city itself is so walkable (bring comfy shoes. Lots of cobblestone streets and uneven sidwalks) but I like to be in the hub of things and D'leyenda is right there!
STAFF: Great! So helpful, so accommodating, so gracious. Very easy to arrange their driver to pick us us from the airport and get us to the hotel.
ROOMS: We stayed in La Siguanaba which has 2 double beds. I would have stayed in the king bed room (La Tatuana) but there is no window and no direct outside light or ability to get air unless the door is open. Those two things are important to me when I travel. All rooms enter out to a courtyard so not 100% private as guests/staff can be walking by but I never felt a lack of privacy. We actually slept with the window open a bit just closed the curtains around it. It was nice. Of the 2 rooms with 2 double beds I prefer the one we stayed in as the other one has some breakfast tables right outside it so if someone is sitting at one of the tables there really would be less privacy. Room was very comfortable, clean and the shower was GREAT!
HOTEL: Lovely and Charming. Only 5 rooms. The do daily breakfast with coffee which is a nice extra. We ate ours daily up on the roof top deck which if it's clear has a view of one of the volcanoes. It was a nice way to wake up in the morning or sit outside after a day out and sip some tequilla (which we also did). There is a hot tub but it's an additional $5 per our to use so we passed. Probably would have used it if it didnt cost. In the courtyard they offer purified water day and night and coffee in the mornings and afternoons which was great for a little afternoon pick me up! Really appreciated that touch.
The only thing you need to know, which all reviews address, is the noise from the bar next door. We are later night out and about people so when I read the reviews I thought, "No problem. How nice to have a bar to go to right next door" (which we never did as it's not really our sort of over 50 year old bar. We're pretty hip 50 year olds but just could relate to the place) but the noise from the bar even took us by surprise. Now it does end by midnight and before and after the music is going off, the hotel is charmingly quiet but there is no getting around it. Ear plugs helped but if you are noise sensitive at all you need to be aware of this.
Other than that I absolutely loved our stay and, other than the bar next door, cannot say anything negative about it.

Stayed: May 2018
Reviewed 28 May 2018

We recently stayed here for two nights with our college-age daughters. We loved the location, the beautiful rooms and most of all, the friendly staff. The front desk staff speaks English which was helpful for those in our group with limited or no Spanish. We ate breakfast each morning on the rooftop terrace. The food was delicious and the views were spectacular. Like others have noted, it was easy to hear the bar in the evening. However, we've experienced similar situations in other cities we've traveled and the noise didn't bother us. Based on our experience, we would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
DLeyendaHotel, Front desk at D'Leyenda Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2018

Thanks for your great comments.

We hope to see you back here.

Best regards.