All reviews pool and jacuzzi refried beans private patio within walking distance light sleeper suite fireplace courtyard wedding tubs fountain key guatemala
Reviewed 29 December 2017

My family rented all of the 8 rooms of Hotel Mil Flores in Antigua Guatemala for the weekend of November 25th. on the ocassion of my daughter's wedding.
I had a very bad experience on the day of the wedding in this hotel. Since the hotel business's card literally says: "Let the world know about your experience at Mil Flores", and only after I requested twice, without success, an appointment with the owners/managers, I share this with you.
I advised the staff that we had to leave the hotel at 11:15 am the morning of the wedding. They knew all the cars in the parking area belonged to the family of the bride and had to be moved to go to the religious ceremony, but when my husband and I were ready to leave, we went to get our car only to find it completely blocked by a big pick up truck. I asked many times to find the owner of the truck, but nobody seemed to be able to find him. It was getting very late for us, 20 minutos had passed and nobody was being successful finding the owner of the truck, (who happened to be Mr. Giocondo Granai, manager of the hotel and the grandson of the owner), so we could leave for the church. I got very, very upset and finally, a maid and a gardner showed up at the door of the owner's house, behind the parking area, to say that "the keys were inside the truck", something he could have said 20 minutes earlier. He never apologized for having blocked my car, knowing that we had to go to my daughter's wedding. When finally, someone from the front desk started moving the truck, I tried to get into my car, but the space between the truck and the walkway was very narrow. My foot slipped on the step and I took a fall. Not only I hurt my left hand really bad, where 3 of my fingers inmediately swelled up, including the one I had a ring on, but my knee was bleeding. I had to go to the wedding ceremony and the reception in pain, with my fingers so swollen that I had to spend all afternoon while in the wedding reception with my hand in ice. Early next morning we went back to Guatemala City, directly to the emergency of a hospital, where a doctor cut the ring to free my finger which was getting purple. The hotel personnel never offered me help to clean the blood in my knee or showed concern about the injury in my hand. All this could have been avoided if Mr. Giocondo Granai had been a gentleman and concerned about the hotel's clients. The accident was caused by his failure to think about his customers by parking carelessly, the way it was convenient only to him. It's been one month now and I haven't received an apology from Mr. Granai for being so rude and inconsiderate.
This is what you can expect if you stay at the Mil Flores Hotel in Antigua Guatemala. I hope by knowing about my experience you will realize the kind of service and care you will get, especially if you have an emergency.
Does this hotel deserve to have the Trip Advisor mention as a good hotel???? You decide, but to me, Trip Advisor should remove the framed acknowledgment on the hotel's reception wall. Someone should let the manager know that clients should be properly treated or otherwise, they will pay the price.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Maria Olga T
Administrador1000, Director General at Mil Flores Luxury Design Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2018

Mam I first thank you taking the time to write a revue about our hotel, because you seem to care about other people. Unfortunately a good part of your comment is not true, I am the manager of the hotel and my name is not the one written on your comment, that person was not even in the hotel that day. I personally approach you at the hotel door, when you came back from the religious ceremony, to apologize for the inconvenience of the pick up truck blocking your car and offer you help, but unfortunately you did not let me say a single word, of course we care for you and all of our guests.

If there is anything we can do to change your disagreement please let us know, we have the policy of not letting go any guest or client unsatisfied, but you did not let us explain.

Always at your service,
Orlando Mendoza

Reviewed 13 November 2017

This place was fantastic. Staff was great.
Room was amazing.
If you are a light sleeper though, I do recommend ear plugs as it echos a lot because of the open space.
Beautiful views. Walking distance to markets, Cerro De La cruz.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Administrador1000, Director General at Mil Flores Luxury Design Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2017

WE appreciate your visit to our hotel, and of course your comments.

It is always a pleasure to serve you.

Welcome to back in a near future

Reviewed 4 October 2017

the hotel is beautiful and private more for coulples then family. Cozy nice place the restaurant is great but needs more variety and a more upscale wine and champaigne list. the flavors are very good service is great great location also. compare to other hotels this one may be a little more expensive then other boutique hotels i was not disapionted but there alot of other choices that may be better

Room Tip: all rooms are different
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Administrador1000, Director General at Mil Flores Luxury Design Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

We appreciate your comment, the hotel is in a proces of change since last march. We are defineteley working hard to become the best boutique hotel in Guatemala and why not from the region. I dare everyone to come and try our services and hospitality.

Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

Lovely boutique hotel right in the heart of town. Close to Casa Santa Domingo with beautiful rooms, 6 in total I think. Great friendly staff and the rooms decorated really nice and intimate. Definitely recommended a stay here if going to Antigua

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Administrador1000, Director General at Mil Flores Luxury Design Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2017

In Mil Flores Luxury Design Hotel appreciate your comments, our goal is to give the best of everything to our guest.

Reviewed 25 March 2017

We stayed at Hotel Mil Flores for a week in late March and LOVED it! The service was excellent. Everyone there was very friendly and catered to our every need. There are only six rooms and each is unique: We stayed in Las Rosas room, which is a large, charming room with a kingsize bed and fireplace, and a large, private outdoor patio with a fountain (an area that was previously designed for servants to wash clothes; now a beautiful patio with historical memory of Antigua's past). Previously a part of a much larger property owned by a wealthy banker, this entire property is beautiful. There are several shared spaces, both indoors and outside patios, that guests can use. We opted to have breakfast served each morning on our private patio. Breakfast is included and it is wonderful! Fresh fruit, fresh juice, French-pressed coffee, and a "typical" Guatemala breakfast with eggs, fried plantains, refried beans, and salsa. Much attention has been given to the historic details of each room and patio on this property. Unfortunately, the restaurant and bar were not yet open but we saw them and they are charming. The pool area is a wonderful place to relax and see the nearby volcano. However, the pool and jacuzzi were never heated, which was a big drawback. We ended up going to a nearby hotel to use their facilities as a result. The hotel manager and employees were extremely helpful with suggestions on day trips, restaurants, and things to do and see in Antigua. We took a day trip to Chichicastenango and Lake Atitlán and our driver was wonderful. The hotel hires him directly to do hotel transfers and day trips. Our one complaint about this day trip was that the Lake Atitlán boat tour was way too expensive and disorganized (we paid US$70 for a ride across the lake and back, with no additional amenities or service), especially given that we had already paid US$175 for the overall day trip; we gave this feedback to the driver. Despite these issues, it's a wonderful retreat and we'd stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple