All reviews great location beautiful hotel central park close proximity rooms are clean filtered water plenty of hot water rooftop terrace felt very safe lovely courtyard free coffee three nights semana santa lake atitlan the main square block flowers
Reviewed 27 June 2017

Room 16 was quiet and loved the couches out front to chat and relax. Free fresh water was everywhere. Walking distance to everything you could need or want to see. Breakfast was fresh and delicious every am. The little store attracted to the hotel gave us great discounts and custom made a shirt for our friend. Best of all they offered free food for the street dogs :)

Room Tip: Couches were a great place to relax&chat.Great view of the Volcano.So quiet had the most restful sleep.Will definitely return!!
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank smaeg72
Reviewed 19 June 2017 via mobile

Bugs in the bed! I can only speak about room 18, which was extremely dirty, had a musty smell and the ceiling (which I did not notice until the night) had a very active termite infestation. The bed cover appeared to be stained when I was brought to the room so I requested fresh linens. During the night I felt things falling on me, many insects were falling from the ceiling, then I noticed things crawling in the bed. The termites from the ceiling were swarming and dropping into the bed when they were losing their wings. We got the night manager who tried to help us, but there were no other rooms available and he tried to call his boss but was unable to reach anyone. So I tried to sleep sitting in a chair in the corner with my head on my backpack.
In the morning we spoke with the manager who tried to tell us that having termites fall in your bed during the night was normal, of course it is not. I've been to several hotels and homes in Guatemala and never experienced this.
Unfortunately my husband paid in cash because they were going to charge 6% for using a credit card (which I have been told is illegal). They initially refused to give us a refund and offered us another room in this filthy, dilapidated hotel. Eventually they gave us a 50% refund for one night and moved us to another property they owned for the 2nd night we had paid for. So in short, we paid to stay in a filthy place with bugs in the bed. This is a backpacker hostel quality hotel that is over priced. Stay away!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Debbilee
mexicohicks1, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Casa Antigua, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2018

We are sorry to hear about this horror movie of a stay. Our rooms are all extremely clean and well attended for all of our guests. We do not have termite issues in our hotels, although this guest was staying in the historic section. These rooms were built many decades ago with old style cielings that have recently been replaced and reinforced to protect guests from falling debris like dust and paint chips. We appreicate the comments from this guest and assure future guests that this is no longer an issue.
We charge 6% legally for usage of credit cards in our 12 locations in Antigua. We gladly accept credit cards, quetzales, and US dollars in all of our hotels. We offer many other amenities such as Wifi, free coffee, clean rooms, attentive and friendly staff, and much more. We hope this guest returns to our hotel to see our improvements.

Reviewed 7 June 2017 via mobile

My daughter and I stayed here for 2 nights and we loved it. The location is very close to the Central Park, and the two interior courtyards are lovely. Our room with two twin beds was simple but adequate. The best thing about the place, though, was the front desk staff. We interacted with many different people, and had all kinds of requests and questions -- everyone was super friendly and helpful.

For breakfast, we went to a coffee shop less than a block away and brought coffee and sandwiches back to the lovely courtyard.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Biz957
Reviewed 2 June 2017 via mobile

This place is like out of a story book! Beautiful little court yard gardens and the rooms and nice and so is the shower. Helpful staff that was able to make some arrangements for us for several day trips around Antigua. Would definitely come back!

Stayed: June 2017
Reviewed 31 May 2017

One of these old houses that have been renovated into a boutique hotel. Had a nice internal courtyard. I was in room 29 which had no air con or even a fan, so it was impossible to spend any time in the room during the day time. It had a large ceiling dome which would have been quite attractive but it let a steady stream of light right above the bed and the room had no curtains to block out the light. But sleeping in was not an option as the workmen starting banging and crashing at 7am. The bathroom had a walk-in shower and plenty of hot water, but there was nowhere to put anything, not even a towel rail for your wet towel. Breakfast was eggs or pancakes. The location is right on the outer edge of the old city and the staff not very friendly and the wifi is very unstable.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo

We appreciate the comments. We are sorry that this guest had a hot visit at our hotel. We have fans available for guests who feel hot in their rooms. We are sorry about the noise from the streets. This can be a problem as we are centrally located in Antigua. We are happy to offer amenities such as breakfast, hot water, clean rooms, Wifi, and friendly and attentive service at our budget hotel, but we are not a 5 star Marriott hotel. We will be happy to help guests with specific requests like these in the future.