All reviews private jacuzzi fireplace guatemala fountain terrace roof
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 January 2021 via mobile

Cannot rave about this property enough! What a hidden treasure in the city of antigua. The property is just beautiful with pools and fountains everywhere, and the rooms were very comfortable. They are historic so a bit dark, but this was not an issue for me personally.

What I was impressed by and will remember the most was the service, everyone at this property could not do enough for us! While I have no specific reason to return to Guatemala in the near future, I no less want to come back and spend more time here in this very special place in a very special town.

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank John B
Reviewed 11 December 2020 via mobile

After pining for years to visit El Convento, I finally booked to visit for Día de Los Muertos and the Giant Kite Festival of 2020. Unfortunately Covid happened. I called the hotel in April, 7 months before my reservation, to cancel. At this time the borders were closed and the president was telling people NOT to come to Guatemala. I was told that it was all taken care of and the reservation was cancelled, especially given the special circumstances. Fast forward 7 months and I get a charge for $756.16!

After phones calls and emails going unanswered, I contacted them via Instagram messenger. After being told on no less than THREE separate occasions that someone from their reservation department would process the refund and send me a voucher for the refund, I received an email that I was being charged a no show fee for a reservation that was Canceled 7 months earlier due to a global pandemic and the borders to the country actually being closed.

While I was looking forward to making the trip next year, I have been completely soured on the hotel due to their lack of follow-up and unprofessional handling of what is admittedly a difficult situation. I understand that hotels are suffering, but ripping off customers is NOT the way to mitigate losses. I have lost all respect fo this hotel, which I have admired for many years.

AVOID THIS HOTEL LIKE THE PLAGUE. There is a reason that is is no longer ranked number one.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank NamasteHospitality
Reviewed 21 July 2020 via mobile

Guatemala can get rough sometimes, but staying in this hotel made us feel like being in a peaceful oasis. The room was immense, with a small terrace with a little pool and fountain in it. All the hotel, room, garden, premises, were very well maintained, peaceful and tastefully designed. Ready for you to enjoy them. We had dinner twice in the restaurant and we really liked it. The kind staff helped us to fix the transfer to spend a couple of hours in Ciudad de Guatemala before leaving us at the airport.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alis77_11
Reviewed 6 March 2020

We recently spent 6 nights at the El Convento. The overall experience was excellent. The hotel is enchanting. Our suite was lovely. & spacious. The beds were very comfortable & the rain shower was great....lots of hot water.. Wifi worked well. A full breakfast ( included) offered a variety from croissants to eggs & french toast. A fruit plate accompanies the breakfast. We spent some time just reading in the afternoons either by the pool or in the salon, enjoying a glass of wine & the serenity. The staff worked hard to make our stay a memorable one.

Date of stay: March 2020
Darinka Langle, General Manager at El Convento Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2020

Dear Trc09, Thanks for staying with us. We are glad that you enjoyed our beautiful hotel. We hope you can give us the opportuninty to serve you again. Best Regards, Guest Ralations Manager

Reviewed 22 February 2020

I stayed for two nights at El Convento Boutique Hotel, from the time I was greeted at the entry by Armando, he attended me with a Huge smile and he spoke to me in English. Then the amazing frontdesk staff, they already knew my name and they offered me a welcome drink, that ginger drink was really good!! check in time was exceptional, Lucrecia and Fernando were very polite and explained everything I needed to know. I was guided by Armando to my room, my room was very, very clean, I was impressed to see every detail in the room, also every door is unique, this hotel is one of a kind. Flor de Hotel Supervisor was very kind to me, she was very polite and attentive, she always asked me if everything was fine and if I needed something. She made me feel confortable in the hotel. I was also very surprised to see her working with the cleaning staff, how she was able to manage their time to be able to give the rooms on time. Please congratulate her, she is a leading example of how to be a good leader. I did not want to leave, I really wanted to stay more days. What a nice Hotel, I trully recommend this lovely hotel with its lovely staff. Thank you very much El Convento Boutique Hotel for exceeding my expectations.

Date of stay: February 2020