See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

We stayed for Daffodil Weekend and were disappointed to say the least. Complete lack of service and no upkeep. Oh, and the windows in our room were all broken and the screens were not in child safe condition.

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank Michael A
Reviewed 29 September 2016 via mobile

Do not expect 5 star luxury. Accommodations are charming, however in a very old historic home. Great for people who want to be in historic village of Nantucket, though overpriced for size of room and amenities. No food or breakfast included - must walk or bike to local restaurants. Little flexibility with check in / check out times during high season. Friendly people at desk, will call cabs for local transport.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Cait C
Reviewed 9 August 2016

I knew what I was getting myself into...middle of July in the center of Nantucket means very high prices. But even calibrated for the above, this hotel is sadly lacking and way over priced. I overheard another guest describe this hotel perfectly: "It's more like staying at grandma's house rather than a boutique hotel." And at roughly $300/night, this place is a bit of a rip off. If you have to stay here like I did, as it was in the center of town and around the corner from where all my friends were staying (21Broad), ask to be placed in any room EXCEPT #9. It's a bit of a dump with flimsy curtains and an old AC window unit. And the worst part is that it has a detached bathroom. A detached tiny tiny bathroom with sad lighting and old fixtures:(

Room tip: Don't stay in #9 as it has a detached bathroom
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
4  Thank JetsetBunnyNYC
Reviewed 8 August 2016

JUST DREADFUL

This is the overflow accommodation for Vanessa Noel Hotel: unless you are wildly careful and repeatedly insist on not staying here when you book at Vanessa Noel Hotel, and then get lucky: You will get plonked here. Which is all to say that the distinction is functionally irrelevant from the point of view of the traveller. Here is my review which covers both places (which are really the same place):

I stayed here for a night. AWFUL. I've stayed in youth hostels that were better. This is the level of comfort and service that you expect from a truck stop motel, but it costs about 10 times as much. Also had a very weird interaction with the owner, in which she basically said I was not upper class enough to be on Nantucket. STAY AWAY.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank JAOXON
Reviewed 16 July 2016

We arrived and there was nobody at reception and it took quite a while for Sunil to be located by a shopkeeper who was in a shop attached to the hotel. When he arrived Sunil was very charming and accommodating. We were taken to our room which was on the third floor (no lift) and turned out to be in what looked to be a converted loft. It was not what had been advertised on Booking.com i.e there was no king sized bed, no ensuite bathroom (it was across a hallway and the toilet seat was broken) and no hardwood floors. We stayed in that room on the first night and in the early hours the bed broke.
Next morning we complained to Sunil and to his credit he immediately relocated us into another room on the first floor and this room was everything we had expected. It was a super room and we thoroughly enjoyed the rest of our stay.

The hotel is superbly located for everything you need to see on Nantucket.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple