“"A Beautiful View And Place To Be...But Honestly I Can Only Rate It A Three"”
Review of Galley Beach

Galley Beach
Ranked #41 of 125 Restaurants in Nantucket
Price range: US$20 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Galley Beach is located on an amazing piece of property, with gorgeous views, indoor and outdoor seating (right on the beach if you desire). I was truly expecting this to be the absolute best dinner on Nantucket. But it just wasn't, and for that I am quite sorry.

We were a large party and ordered up and down the menu with loads of cocktails (they failed at making a Mojito that tasted good by any means) Expensive wines were good as one might expect and I will say that the servers were always very nice. They actually at some point made it a lot of fun serving wine through windows as they did.

Plenty of appetizers to try, and I tried several that my family had ordered. All were just ok...but really nothing special. For entrees, again we ordered Fish, Beef, Chicken, and I had a Veal Chop. I LOVE Veal Chops...quite expensive, and I have to say it did not have that great fresh charred flavor. It was quite bland actually. For the money and the reputation of this restaurant I am sad to say it was probably my least favorite Veal Chop that I've ever had.

We ordered desserts and all were fine, nothing outrageously deccadent.

Again, I would recommend you try Galley Beach, certainly for the view and experience of the nice folks that serve you, but be aware that your dinners may or may not be all that you expected. Perhaps read more reviews and decide. Next trip to Nantucket, I believe that we'll give it another attempt...such a beautiful location. But this visit I could only rate it very average...and I so wanted it to be more.

Date of visit: September 2021
Write a reviewReviews (390)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Fabulous lunch in a gorgeous setting with friendly and attentive service! Hands down the very best Cobb Salad I have ever had in my life. Still dreaming about it lol. A bit pricey, but WELL worth it. GO!

Date of visit: September 2021
Reviewed 3 September 2021

The Galley Beach capitalizes on the fact that it is the only restaurant on the island actually on the beach. Besides it's location, it does not have much going for it. The food is outrageously priced for the portion sizes and quality. It's better to save the beach for the daytime and go somewhere else for a quality meal in the evenings.

Reviewed 20 August 2021 via mobile

Three of us came without reservations for lunch on 8/20. The restaurant was half empty and the host was rude and made us waited at the bar. Tables were empty and staff were standing around. I was so turned off by their attitude and decided that we don’t want to spend our money there. Bad attitude from the top down and it came thru their customers service. I realize this is a peak time in Nantucket and clearly they are not short staffed. Their displayed attitude “don’t want to work” sure lost a few customers including us. What a shame!

Reviewed 8 August 2021

87.00 per person for a 2 course delicious meal, no problem. $87 pp for an ok meal, no. Everything is extra on the dinner menu except for 4 appetizers and 4 mains. The veal chop was good, it was a $19 up charge, was it great? Large? No. Same with the tuna tartare tacos. Portions are small! We got muse pizza after dinner, and desert. Go to jetties for the same view and Save your money. . Drinks and wine are delish, bartenders are fantastic. Food is a big thumbs down.