Holiday Inn Express Auburn
Hampton.com
US$111
US$111
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$132/night.

US$182
US$164
US$228
US$176
Hampton.com
All reviewspancakesyogurtvisiting familynice surprisefront desk attendantgreat breakfastshort drivesized bedfree breakfastfridge and microwavethe entire hoteloff the highwayworcester areawould definitely stay here againnight stayvery nice stayhot tub
Reviewed 22 October 2010

We stayed one night on a cross-country trip. The desk staff was wonderful...I arrived at night and was a bit lost, so the staff person stayed on the phone with me and "talked" me through the directions. The staff restaurant recommendation was great, and the room was perfect - clean and very comfortable. Breakfast was fresh with lots of variety, and excellent coffee.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 October 2010

The room was clean, well lit, smelled fresh, ample room for travel bags, perfect location to the Mass Pike, and easy-to-get-to Picadilly Pub, right around the corner.

• Stayed: October 2010
Reviewed 8 October 2010

I travel to New England six times a year to visit my two children. I had never stayed at this hotel before. I always viewed "Holiday Inn" hotels as out dated and run down. Let me tell you, this hotel has changed my perception.

This trip, I flew into a different airport than I usually come into. On the way to Auburn I got hopelessly lost. The GPS (a Garmin) in my rental left much to be desired. After a four hour flight and almost an hour of trying to find my way around Providence, RI, I was coming unhinged. I finally broke down and called the hotel to ask for directions (this goes against everything I stand for, but it was starting to get dark and I was tired). The man that answered the phone admitted that he was not too familiar with Providence, RI but suggested that he could use his computer to find directions for me on MapQuest. He agreed to stay on the phone with me until I got back to a major expressway. I truly appreciate it when someone takes the extra time to be honestly helpful.

I drove by the hotel three times before I noticed the drive way. When I finally arrived at the hotel, I told the gentleman at the front desk that I was glad to be there because I had been lost in Rhode Island for a long time. He immediately welcomed me by name. He remembered my name from the phone conversation about two hours earlier. This may not seem significant, but it really makes me feel welcome and appreciated when someone I have never met and only spoken to one time remembers my name. Checking in was fast and the hotel was beautiful.

From the outside, the hotel looks a little generic. Inside, however, the hotel is VERY clean and updated. The room was far above what I was expecting from a Holiday Inn. I had stayed at a Holiday Inn once in the early 90s and I was expecting the worst. The desk clerk said that all of the Holiday Inns are being "refreshed" to look and feel like this one. That is a great idea. They have a hot tub, but I forgot my swim suit.

The only complaint I have is the noise from the highway. I was on the highway side of the hotel. I was hoping that my new found friend at the front desk would be able to move me, but he said that they were sold out so there was no other room to move me to. In the future I will book this hotel when I come up, but I will ask for a room away from the highway when I book.

Pros:
Friendly, Excellent Staff
Clean, New-looking Hotel
Breakfast Is Great

Cons:
Highway Noise (request other side when booking)
Easy To Miss (look for sign that says SPAS)
No Pool

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 October 2010

The Holiday Express Inn was super. The place was very clean, comfortable, staff more than helpful, and the breakfast was superb. Couldn't have stayed at a better hotel. Price wise it was quite affordable. The room had a microwave oven and refrigerator. There wasn't anything we didn't like about the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 October 2010

This hotel was great! I was driving a long way and decided to stay here, glad I did. Everyone was so friendly and helpful. I would stay again!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business