US$161
US$172
AC Hotels
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$191/night.

US$170
US$133
US$172
US$150
Courtyard
All reviewspancakesfront deskyogurtvisiting familyroom was cleannice surpriseoff the highwaygreat breakfastshort drivesized bedwould definitely stay here againhot tubturkey sausageworcester areafridge and microwavecookiesnight stay
Reviewed 28 April 2018

I've stayed at this Holiday Inn several times for business trips. It's pretty close to a site where I often hold workshops.

Until recently it has been decent in a basic hotel way. Nothing fancy, just friendly staff, functional rooms, and basic breakfast (hot, thankfully).

Last time they booked me into a room already occupied.

That's the first time it's ever happened to me. I took my keys, rode the elevator up, unlocked the room, and walked inside. I headed to the bed to plunk down my bags, when I noticed a row of binders along the foot of the bed. "Weird," I thought. "Did the client send this ahead of time?" I checked out the binders, but they didn't apply to me.

Then I realized it was a king sized bed. The front desk had told me the room had two queen beds.

I turned around and saw someone else's laptop open on the desk. Sitting on the tv table were some bags of food, open.

I quickly reached for the phone, called the front desk, and reported what was going on. Then I grabbed my bags and left at top speed.

What would have happened had the room's occupant returned when I was standing in the room and figuring things out? Was the occupant in the bathroom while I was there, either unaware, or terrified of the sudden intrusion?

To their credit, the front desk staff immediately rebooked me into another room and apologized. After I complained via email and Twitter, Holiday Inn credited me with some points.

Very strange experience, and not one I'd like to relive by returning to this property.

Room Tip: Be sure the room you get is unoccupied!
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank bryana332
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Auburn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2018

Hi bryana332,

Greetings from Holiday Inn Express and Suites Auburn, we're always glad to host your stays. It's great that you find our location and accommodations adequate to your needs. On the downside, although it's nice that amicable resolutions were provided, I'm sorry about the room mix-up and that your recent overnight did not go as expected. I assure you that this is not our usual standard. I've shared your experience with the team so we may prevent similar situations from happening again.

We value you as a loyal guest. I hope we get the chance to welcome you back when your plans bring you again to the area.

Kind regards,

Jillian I
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 3 March 2018

Recently stayed one night at this property with no issues. Clean hotel and room. Bed was a little hard from my liking, but we all have different ideas when it comes to beds. There are plenty of dining options only a short drive away. Keurig units in each room and the typical free Holiday Inn Express breakfast. No issues staying here again.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank KenS9
Reviewed 27 December 2017 via mobile

This hotel is either brand new or has been recently updated. The lobby is beautiful with its tile wall and fireplace/ tv. This is also where you can enjoy your continental breakfast. The breakfast was quite impressive for continental. There were a lot of choices of hot and cold food and healthy options also. They had mini cheese omelets, egg white inlets with peppers, turkey sausage and reg sausage, fresh fruits, Greek and reg yogurt, waffles, pancakes, a few cereals, oatmeal and many beverage options. The rooms were very clean and modern. I would defiantly stay here again.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 November 2017 via mobile

We have stayed here several times visiting family, and we've always had a positive experience. This is a no frills hotel, but the rooms are actually nice, more cozy than the typical hotel in this class, and the staff is very friendly.

The beds are comfortable and the bathrooms are fine, clean and with all the basic necessities - although the water pressure in the shower was a bit low, maybe because we were on the top floor.

The hotel also has a gym and a laundry room for guests, which is always nice if you are traveling with small children.

I definitely recommend it if you are traveling in the area, whether for business or a school reunion or visiting family.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

Fast and pleasant check in, I was happy with the quality of the rooms and the complimentary breakfast was satisfying. The hotel is conveniently located and easy to find. Only downside is that there is only one elevator.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business