“Clean rooms”

Holiday Inn Express Auburn
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Auburn
Reviewed 17 May 2017

Easy access from Interstate. Clean rooms, friendly staff. I would appreciate if they, just like most other chains, would offer more consistent pricing. Breakfast is better than some not as good as some others. Would stay there again.

Room Tip: Avoid any hotel when a robotics convention is in town.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Katie D, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Auburn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2017

Sprkdude, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm glad you found our location convenient and our staff friendly! We do pride ourselves on providing excellent service to our guests. If you find yourself returning to the area often, please talk to one of our staff members about a negotiated rate. We hope to see you the next time you visit the area again!

Reviewed 12 May 2017

I've stayed here many times while visiting my son at his college. It's always excellent. The rooms are clean and very comfortable. The staff is helpful, personable, and professional. The breakfast is hot, tasty, and fresh. It's and easy location to get in and out of Worcester. I'll be back. Two thumbs up!!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Katie D, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Auburn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2017

Chris D, thank you so much for taking time to leave feedback after your most recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Auburn! I'm so happy to hear that you, once again have had a very enjoyable stay with us! We really try to provide the best service to our guests, because you deserve that! I hope your son is enjoying his college experience and we look forward to seeing you again during your next visit!

Thanks again for reviewing and safe travels!

Reviewed 6 May 2017 via mobile

The hotel was average. No issues with cleanliness, everything was as it should be. The rooms had all the amenities you could need for a stay (fridge, coffee,etc...). The breakfast was great with a wide selection. A short ride to the palladium in Worcester, we stayed here after a late night concert and it is something we will consider doing again. Enough restaurants and stores within a short drive to have all you need for your stay.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Katie D, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Auburn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2017

Kris5213,

Thank you so much for your review and feedback of the Holiday Inn Express in Auburn, MA.I hope you enjoyed your concert! As you mentioned the Palladium as well as other Worcester venues and concert halls are only a short drive away from our hotel which makes us a convenient and smart choice for those not wanting to stay in downtown Worcester!

I'm also happy that you were able to try out breakfast! We do try to provide as many options as possible so that all of our guests have options that they can enjoy! Should you visit the area for any other events in the future, we hope we'll see you back at our hotel!

Reviewed 21 March 2017 via mobile

I have come to this hotel once a year and stayed a week while visiting family. I had heard they'd had issues with some criminal behavior. Last night, upon arrival, my hallway was filled with the smell of marijuana. Of course, I called the front desk but what is she to do. In addition, the linens on the bed are thinner and worn and the mattress is lumpy and hard. Needless to say, I will go down the street to a competitor next year.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank happylady1955
Katie D, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Auburn, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2017

Dear Happylady 1955, thank you so much for your review and we are terribly sorry for the experiences you encountered during your stay. We haven't had any criminal activity at our hotel. Our standards of excellence are high and these issues are taken very serious by our staff and management. Thank you for letting us know. Please feel free to reach out to me with any other concerns or questions (kdeasey@roedelcompanies.com).

Katie D.

Reviewed 19 March 2017

The guest room smelled like wet dog upon entry, which we aired out by opening the balcony door. That helped a little. There was dog food on the floor, which indicates housekeeping did not vacuum this room. The bathroom was dirty with urine on the toilet and body hair sprinkled about. If we weren't so tired from traveling, we would have moved on. It's rather frustrating to have be exhausted and check in to a less than desirable hotel. We paid the bill, reported the information at the front desk and will likely not return or recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a clean one.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank ExplorerGals

ExplorerGals, thank you for your review and I am terribly sorry to hear of the experience you had while staying at our property. We pride ourselves on offering our guests with a clean, comfortable room and stellar service. I would like the opportunity to investigate this matter further, please reach out to me at (kdeasey@roedelcompanies.com) at your convenience.

Sorry again and I truly do hope if you should travel back to the area you'll give us another try!

Katie

Also consider these accommodations in or near Auburn
1.7 km away
9.9 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites Worcester
13 km away
Quality Inn & Suites Worcester

Been to Holiday Inn Express Auburn? Share your experiences!