“Holiday Inn, Auburn is Less Than Desirable”

Holiday Inn Express Auburn
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Auburn
Reviewed 19 March 2017

The guest room smelled like wet dog upon entry, which we aired out by opening the balcony door. That helped a little. There was dog food on the floor, which indicates housekeeping did not vacuum this room. The bathroom was dirty with urine on the toilet and body hair sprinkled about. If we weren't so tired from traveling, we would have moved on. It's rather frustrating to have be exhausted and check in to a less than desirable hotel. We paid the bill, reported the information at the front desk and will likely not return or recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a clean one.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank ExplorerGals
Katie D, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Auburn, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2017

ExplorerGals, thank you for your review and I am terribly sorry to hear of the experience you had while staying at our property. We pride ourselves on offering our guests with a clean, comfortable room and stellar service. I would like the opportunity to investigate this matter further, please reach out to me at (kdeasey@roedelcompanies.com) at your convenience.

Sorry again and I truly do hope if you should travel back to the area you'll give us another try!

Best,
Katie

Reviewed 19 March 2017 via mobile

My friends and I stayed here because we were attending a show at the palladium in worcester, which was about 10 minutes away. So the location was very convenient! The staff was friendly and helpful. We stayed in a double queen non-smoking room. The room was very clean, and had a modern look/feel to it. The appliances were up to date and all worked efficiently. The complimentary breakfast was very good as well. Overall, this hotel was very nice, and I would definitely stay here again....great value!

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends

Chrisfuries, thank you so much for your review of our property! I hope you and your friends enjoyed the show! We are conveniently located to downtown Worcester and can offer a great hotel experience for a great price! If you ever visit Worcester for another show, we hope to see you stay at our property again!

Safe travels,
Katie

Reviewed 16 February 2017

I've stayed at this hotel 3 times now for business and it's always an excellent stay. The rooms are clean, staff is friendly, quiet, inviting atmosphere. This last trip I had here was the weekend of 2 snow storms back to back. The 2nd one I asked for an extended checkout to leave late and head out after the snow and they extended with no extra charge into the afternoon for me.

Room Tip: I am a IHG Gold Member. I call to request upgrades. They seem to normally have one available. The 4t...
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 February 2017

My husband and I were in the area with our 3 sons for a sporting event. I usually avoid hotels as much as possible because I tend to be on the germaphobic side. I was extremely impressed with the cleanliness of our room and the hotel overall. I would 100% stay here again and recommend it to others.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Katie D, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Auburn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2017

Hi Yankees02, thanks for the review! I want to thank you for giving us a shot and bringing your family to stay with us! Family time is super important to us and we're so proud we were able to offer yours a comfortable and clean stay!

Thank you so much for the kind words on the cleanliness of our hotel. Our housekeeping and maintenance departments work extra hard to provide our guests with an exceptionally clean feel, both inside of the rooms and throughout our public areas. We hope that if you're ever back in the area, you'll stay with us again!

Katie D.

Reviewed 12 February 2017

I had a very comfortable one-night stay at this hotel while passing through Massachusetts. It is a polished hotel, with polite staff, and comfortable rooms. It was cold outside and I particularly appreciated the heating, which could be controlled from the wall panel. They also provide a fridge and microwave in the room, as well as complimentary coffee and tea. I will book here again.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business

Vovelle1789,

Thank you for taking a moment to write a review of our hotel! I am so happy that you were able to come in from the cold and enjoy our warm and inviting hotel! As you kindly mentioned, we do offer a mini-fridge and microwave in every room as well as a Keurig machine with complimentary coffee and tea. We also offer 24 hour fresh coffee and tea in our lobby for those guests coming in and trying to warm up at anytime! I wish you a safe trip and we look forward to having you at our hotel in the future!

Best,
Katie D.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Auburn
1.7 km away
9.9 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites Worcester
13 km away
Quality Inn & Suites Worcester

Been to Holiday Inn Express Auburn? Share your experiences!