“How fresh is fresh as advertised?”

Canova Italian Grill
Ranked #1 of 96 Restaurants in Attleboro
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

My boyfriend and I just had dinner half and hour ago. My boyfriend decided to order the baked Scrod because according to the menu it said the freshest fresh catch of the day. But lo and behold when he took his first bite he could tell it was frozen not fresh at all. My grilled salmon was delicious! The drinks were great.

2  Thank Jaz P

Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

We have made this a Sunday tradition. The food is very good.Try the seafood stuffed mushrooms to start. We had eggplant parmigiana and the fettuccine alfredo. So tasty.
We recently went for a birthday celebration. We called ahead to make a reservation and to order a special dessert to use as a birthday cake. Unfortunately the dessert request was no put in with our reservation. But the staff made sure we were taken care of Our waitress brought us a large selection of desserts and which was all complementary.
I cannot say anything negative about Canova's , Food was great, staff exceeded our expectations. If you are in the area, stop in.

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

Great little Italian restaurant hidden right near the train station. Good variety on the menu! Great wait staff! Suggest making reservations on a weekend. Definitely will be back here again & again!

Reviewed 8 August 2017

I love the food at Canova! Full service dining in a comfortable atmosphere. Service is great! Great value. Attention to detail. Same owner as pizza restaurant next door which is fantastic too. Lucky to have this gem in my city.

Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

This restaurant offers an extensive menu with something for everyone. Our server was exceptional. She offered us the dinners special verbally and then told us she also had them written out if we preferred. We opted for the verbal version and she did a great job. I was having difficulty hearing hear and so instead of asking her to repeat herself, waited and tried to jog the memories of those dining at the table. That didn't work out that well. I decided to go to the hostess as they gave us the primary menu and ask her for the dinner special menu. The hostess was very busy saying thank you to guests leaving the restaurant and hello to those entering. I was impressed with her kind customer service. I waited off to the side and when she finished telling the group of three who entered that their table would soon be ready, I excused myself and explained that the server told us they also had written dinner special menu's available. May I please get one?, I asked. She shot me a look of disgust and told me I'd have to give her a few minutes. She gave me another nasty look and I simply said to forget it. I was shocked to say the least. I just witnessed such pleasant customer service and I hadn't said anything out of line, nor was I impatient. I was actually enjoying her interactions and just thought I'd get her in between guests. Our server brought us the specials menu.

Our entire party enjoyed every part of the meal. The bread was amazing. Our server did tell us that our entrées came with salad. Unfortunately we never received our salads but were too busy in discussion, we didn't realize it until we were in the parking lot saying goodbye to each other. The entrées were carefully presented and our server very mindful. The chef obviously takes pride in what he serves to his clientele.

Dinner was complete and I had forgotten the experience with the hostess. All was pleasant again after such a great meal with family and friends. Not too soon, I was quickly reminded as I was existing the restaurant. I said thank you and the hostess gave me a look to kill and said "yup" with her jaw clenched, rolled her eyes and kept her attention on the monitor screen. I would have forgotten the whole menu issue because the service and meal were so good but she had to make sure she drove her point home on my exit.

Ask your server for whatever you desire because the serving staff is very mindful, courteous and customer service oriented. I will probably not return to Canova as this was a test run to consider Canova for business luncheons and dinners. I can not risk a client and/or potential clients being treated as a nuisance by the hostess.