“Pretty Good”

Yella Grille
Ranked #4 of 71 Restaurants in Andover
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Yella, which means “Come On, Let’s Go” in Lebanese, is a Modern Mediterranean Grille located in the heart of downtown Andover. Chef Carlo Berdahn and his wife Danielle together co-own the picturesque bistro, bringing a new and fresh dining option to the Merrimack Valley. The intimate space and updated décor provide a warm and relaxed atmosphere, while its crisp linens and open layout give the dining room a comfortable and inviting setting. Lebanese inspired, these beautifully plated dishes remain true to the hearty traditions of regional cooking; warm soups, dark lentils, subtle teasing spices, velvety risotto, crispy pan seared fish, succulent lamb and delectable desserts. Chef Berdahn uses his culinary expertise to create classic, yet modern Mediterranean dishes.
Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

Street Mediterranean cusiene is great, this was a fancier experience. I enjoyed the food I got here but I would not say it was worth the extra cost. I would much rather spend $3-5 on some good street food than this. Overall good food, but not worth it.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

great food, nice atmosphere, friendly service, parking not easy but doable
all the lamb dishes are very special, if you are looking for something new and different this is the place for you

Reviewed 8 August 2017

We walked uptown one night and had a great dinner... the restaurant was small but cozy... there was outdoor seating available but it was a warm night, so we decided to enjoy the air conditioning inside. My girlfriend had been in for lunch earlier in the week, and raved about the chicken wings... they did not disappoint! After our wings and tomato bisque (incredibly good), my girlfriend had the truffled wild mushroom & spinach pappardelle... I had the chicken pesto flatbread. We will definitely be returning, and soon.

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

The service here is so pleasant. We parked in the paid lots $1 per hour. We made reservations before we went because it's so small it was a good idea it gets filled up quickly. They have an extensive wine list and also spiced sangria. We had the mezze platter $14 for two which was all fried food potato cakes, falafel, spring rolls, fried lamb meatballs and grape leaves. I was disappointed with no chicken kabob options. We also had a falafel plate. They have a good kids menu too for $10 drink entree and ice cream.

1  Thank Arch L
Reviewed 11 June 2017

We were looking for someplace to have a special dinner and decided on Yella. It was our first visit. I rang the restaurant and was pleased that they could seat us inside in 15 minutes. It was a beautiful summer evening and the outside seating was full. Our server, Jenn, was lovely with the perfect mix of attentiveness, helpfulness, and humor. We chose a bottle of Ghost Rider California blend and appreciated every sip. While we were waiting for our falafel appetizer, a complementary small portion of housemade hummus was served with pita chips. Yummy. The falafels were the lightest I have ever had; I might say ethereal. I would go back just for those. The serving was six generous falafel balls, which are great for sharing. My only suggestion is the traditional turnip pickles could use a titch more vinegar. My lamb chops were amazing, perfectly seasoned and cooked medium rare and served on a perfectly cooked truffled wild mushroom risotto. My spouse had the lamb pappardelle and loved it. Portions are generous and some went home with us, so we could have a bite of dessert, the Moroccan spice chocolate pot de cream strawberry preserves. This was "to die for" chocolate and we had to restrain ourselves from licking the bowel
The restaurant is pricy, but not outrageous and it is great value.
When we make a find like this, we always ask, "who can we take there next time?" We were please to see our vegetarian and gluten free friends could be accommodated.

Been to Yella Grille? Share your experiences!