“Great resource”

Christmas Island Visitor Information Centre
More attraction details
Owner description: Our friendly staff can assist with maps, brochures, accommodation, car hire, tours, business services, internet access and golf club hire. A visitor lounge is also available, drop in to watch our large collection of Christmas Island DVDs or join us for a coffee whilst you browse our extensive gift shop for that perfect souvenir.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I know it is six months since visiting Christmas Island for a week however that will not stop me writing about this wonderful resource

The staff are just so cheerful, nice and helpful. It was a pleasure to drop in a few times. In additional the centre has an excellent selection of clothes promoting Christmas Island and both contemporary and historical books.

The staff can also book visitors onto a tour of the phosphate mining operations. The tour with Joy is just so fascinating and it is an activity not to be missed. I also note it is free!

I suggest the centre is your first stop on the Island, along with the 2 hour orientation tour that independent tour operator – Lisa Preston – conducts.

2  Thank Peter F
ChristmasIsland, Tourism Officer at Christmas Island Visitor Information Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Hi Peter,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us a lovely review. We appreciate your feedback and are glad to hear you found our assistance helpful. We look forward to seeing you on Christmas Island again one day! :) Kind regards, Izzy Bolland - Tourism Officer Christmas Island Visitor Centre.

All reviews
"clothes"
"email"
"operator"

Reviewed 14 February 2018

I can't recommend the Centre highly enough for their friendly, knowledgeable and and helpful assistance.

When planning my Christmas Island trip, reliable information seemed to be pretty scarce on the web until I found the Visitor Centre site. I subsequently made direct contact with them by phone when I had a better idea of what I was after and after some helpful discussion of options, they sorted my accommodation and rental car bookings fast, no fuss. Nothing seemed too much trouble and when I arrived two months later, everything was as arranged.

While on-island I visited the centre several times (it's air-conditioned). I always got the information I sought from the very helpful staff and there was a big range of reasonably priced souvenirs to buy.

I strongly recommend making contact while planning a Christmas Island trip, and dropping in there when you've got there. They're lovely people!

ChristmasIsland, Tourism Officer at Christmas Island Visitor Information Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2018

Hi there! Thank you so much for taking the time to review our services. We are so pleased to hear that you find our assistance helpful. We hope you had a great trip to Christmas Island and hope to see you back here again one day. Have a lovely day. Kind regards, Izzy Bolland Tourism Officer.

Reviewed 5 February 2018

The staff were helpful & friendly in providing as much information. It is located at a very convenient location across from the main supermarket.

ChristmasIsland, Tourism Officer at Christmas Island Visitor Information Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2018

Hello leesharon2709! Thank you for taking the time to review our services. We are so pleased to hear that you found our resources helpful. Kind regards, Izzy Bolland - Tourism Officer Christmas Island Visitor Centre.

Reviewed 3 February 2018

very helpfull staff
they had a good selection of tshirts and souvenirs
we had to but clothes from them when our cases didnt turn up

Hello peachyboy1! Thank you for taking the time to review our services. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our services. Kind regards, Izzy Bolland - Tourism Officer at Christmas Island Visitor Centre.

See more reviews
Reviewed 24 December 2017 via mobile

The staff at the info centre know this island back to front and all over the place!. They give you the inside view from locals that have experienced everything they tell you about. They are a small loving and close knit community that welcome travelers. It is also a WIFI ‘hot spot’ as there is only 2G on the island..... which is not really all that bad as it allows you to truly experience the wonder that is Christmas Island.

Hello Ebony! Thank you very much for taking the time to review our services. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your trip to Christmas Island and that you found our resources helpful. Kind regards, Izzy Bolland - Tourism Officer - Christmas Island Tourism