“Excellent evening appetizers and wine list, sitting outside by fire pit!!”
Review of 30Boltwood

30Boltwood
Reserve with OpenTable
30Boltwood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 119 Restaurants in Amherst
Price range: US$30 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Spring Street
Description: 30Boltwood delivers an intimate yet unassuming dining experience in historic Amherst, MA. Simply prepared meals crafted by Chef Dino and inspired by the abundance of locally-sourced ingredients. 30Boltwood is a gathering place where old friends and new acquaintances quietly sip cocktails by the fire and celebrate all that is great about food, drink and camaraderie.
Reviewed 2 May 2017

Wonderful spot for breakfast! We also enjoyed their expansive wine list and appetizers one evening with comfortable outdoor seating, great service and food.

Date of visit: April 2017
WHGGuestService, Manager at 30Boltwood, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2017

Dear jcbvsb,

Thank you for dining in 30Boltwood! A creative selection of wine and our locally-sourced ingredients are a staple to our menu, and we are so glad that the weather was pleasant enough to enjoy the patio. We hope to see you again and encourage you to continue to explore menu the next time you visit!

Reviewed 24 April 2017

Four of us dined at 30Boltwood this past weekend. We all agreed everything was wonderful except....my steak. I ordered a New York Strip - it was a very nice cut of meal and flavorful. But I ordered it medium rare and it was delivered medium, and room temp. The outside should be sizzling hot with a warm red center. (That might not be my expectation at UNO's, but it is with fine dining) It was room temp throughout, which means it was put on the grill too early, left on a bit too long, then left to sit too long while the rest of the meal was finished. To her credit, our waitress, Rachel, offered to take it back to the kitchen to be warmed up. But one of two things would have happened - it would be even more overcooked, or they would start from scratch and I would then have my dinner well after the rest of my party. Thankfully it was still flavorful - but if I were running a restaurant I would be sure my staff informed me of something like this so I could apologize to the patron. The other entrees were very good, and the sides were wonderful - Rachel was great about allowing us to personalize our side dishes. The ambiance is lovely and the seating most comfortable. The drink/wine selection was great, and Rachel was knowledgeable about the wine list. I wish I could give a higher rating.

Date of visit: April 2017
WHGGuestService, General Manager at 30Boltwood, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2017

Dear mrsclean58,

I am disappointed to learn that we missed the mark with the preparation of the steak. Timing is everything when it comes to delivering a great steak and it seems we fell short in coordinating the meals. Please accept my apologies as we strive to deliver a consistently excellent experience to all of our guests. We will review your comments with the team and adjust accordingly. I hope your experience will not preclude you from dining with us again the future.

Fabio Pari-Di-Monriva

Reviewed 23 February 2017

No need to go into town with this restaurant in the hotel! Great menu with fresh offerings. We loved it.

Date of visit: February 2017
WHGGuestService, Manager at 30Boltwood, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2017

Dear mosno,
Thank you for dining with us in 30Boltwood! Our chef takes pride in his work and providing the freshest ingredients in the most innovative ways. In the summer months, we have an Amherst Farmers Market just across the street, and Chef will grab the finest ingredients grown right here in Western Massachusetts to incorporate into the 30Boltwood menu—that’s just about as close to Farm-to-Table as you can get! We hope that you visit us again soon!
All My Best,

Reviewed 12 February 2017

Been here for multiple meals since my lasting posting and must say that the steak is worth the price. Not a fan of the scallops and am wondering why the wine list has so little French and Italian wine. That said, delicious fare. I would recommend starting off with the Charcuterie plate.

Date of visit: February 2017
WHGGuestService, Manager at 30Boltwood, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2017

Dear Chris M,
From the ambiance to the food and wine, we are so pleased to hear that you had such a wonderful experience with us at 30Boltwood! We always love to try wines from all over the world, and pair them with our local and fresh entrees. We hope to see you again very soon, and complement another dinner in 30Boltwood with a stay in our historic Inn!

Reviewed 29 January 2017

First, disclaimer: I hardly ever give five stars, as I I fear that leads to grade inflation. Four is generally tops for me.

My spouse and I had two lovely meals here, a dinner and a breakfast. Atmosphere was lovely. Food was very good (creative menu, numerous items and ingredients out of ordinary) and service quite attentive.

Cost relatively high, as would be expected for a place of such caliber. Dinner bill including one glass wine, two entrees and two desserts, (before tip) came to just over $100. Breakfast for two was $36.

A nice touch at dinner was the complimentary and creative amuse-bouche.

Only complaint is one I (OK, guess I am a grouch) often have in connection with service these days (in banks as well as restaurants, etc.) -- the tendency of staffers to strike up conversation about where you are from, your plans, etc. I know this is likely mandated by some input from a consulting firm, but really, I would rather not be having these "phony" personal interactions.

Would definitely be a repeat customer if in the area again.

Date of visit: January 2017
1  Thank Joan E
WHGGuestService, Manager at 30Boltwood, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2017

Dear Joan E,
We are so glad you chose us for dinner and breakfast! With locally-sourced ingredients, our chef puts together some incredible selections for our menu, from the entrees to the desserts. Depending on the time of year and the seasonality of fresh ingredients, our menu changes, and we hope that you return soon to experience what spring and summer will have to offer in 30Boltwood!