“The steak, the steak....”
Review of 30Boltwood

30Boltwood
Reserve with OpenTable
30Boltwood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 116 Restaurants in Amherst
Price range: US$30 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Spring Street
Description: 30Boltwood delivers an intimate yet unassuming dining experience in historic Amherst, MA. Simply prepared meals crafted by Chef Dino and inspired by the abundance of locally-sourced ingredients. 30Boltwood is a gathering place where old friends and new acquaintances quietly sip cocktails by the fire and celebrate all that is great about food, drink and camaraderie.
Reviewed 12 February 2017

Been here for multiple meals since my lasting posting and must say that the steak is worth the price. Not a fan of the scallops and am wondering why the wine list has so little French and Italian wine. That said, delicious fare. I would recommend starting off with the Charcuterie plate.

WHGGuestService, Manager at 30Boltwood, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2017

Dear Chris M,
From the ambiance to the food and wine, we are so pleased to hear that you had such a wonderful experience with us at 30Boltwood! We always love to try wines from all over the world, and pair them with our local and fresh entrees. We hope to see you again very soon, and complement another dinner in 30Boltwood with a stay in our historic Inn!
Cheers,

Reviewed 29 January 2017

First, disclaimer: I hardly ever give five stars, as I I fear that leads to grade inflation. Four is generally tops for me.

My spouse and I had two lovely meals here, a dinner and a breakfast. Atmosphere was lovely. Food was very good (creative menu, numerous items and ingredients out of ordinary) and service quite attentive.

Cost relatively high, as would be expected for a place of such caliber. Dinner bill including one glass wine, two entrees and two desserts, (before tip) came to just over $100. Breakfast for two was $36.

A nice touch at dinner was the complimentary and creative amuse-bouche.

Only complaint is one I (OK, guess I am a grouch) often have in connection with service these days (in banks as well as restaurants, etc.) -- the tendency of staffers to strike up conversation about where you are from, your plans, etc. I know this is likely mandated by some input from a consulting firm, but really, I would rather not be having these "phony" personal interactions.

Would definitely be a repeat customer if in the area again.

1  Thank Joan E
WHGGuestService, Manager at 30Boltwood, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2017

Dear Joan E,
We are so glad you chose us for dinner and breakfast! With locally-sourced ingredients, our chef puts together some incredible selections for our menu, from the entrees to the desserts. Depending on the time of year and the seasonality of fresh ingredients, our menu changes, and we hope that you return soon to experience what spring and summer will have to offer in 30Boltwood!
Cheers,

Reviewed 7 December 2016

Though the food was excellent, the high point on this visit was the ingredients-knowledge of both the server and the shift manager. Gluten sensitivity -- not celiac, but sensitive -- is an issue for my companion, and bothe the server and his manager made sure we understood what was a TRACE vs. a LOT of wheat. This restaurant is systemically GF on several dishes, and creative in alternative preparation for several others. And, beyond all this, the cocktails are imaginative and tasty and the entrees are cooked with diner preferences in mind.

Dear johnhA3674EL,
Thank you for trusting in our staff to produce safe and quality meals for the both of you! We understand the seriousness of allergies and sensitivities, and we are more than willing to accommodate for such concerns. As for the cocktails, while we pride ourselves in fresh ingredients in our menu, this does not exclude the cocktail menu! Our bartenders are incredibly talented in their abilities to concoct creative and delicious beverages. We invite you to return to 30Boltwood soon to try one of our newest creations!
All My Best,

Reviewed 30 November 2016 via mobile

There was confusion with our reservation which we made through Open Table. 30 Boltwood was wonderful straightening that out. We had a mid afternoon Thanksgiving dinner.

I loved my appetizer. Had turkey, mush potatoes & delicious veggies. Pumpkins custard was heavenly.

We'll come back. Even though the room was full, we could still have a good conversation at the table.

Dear wolfspark,
We are so glad that we were able to straighten out your Thanksgiving reservation! Thanksgiving is one of our favorite holidays here at 30Boltwood and the Lord Jeffery Inn—with potatoes, vegetables, turkey and pumpkin sourced locally from farms right here in Western Massachusetts, you can’t beat the fresh selection. Thank you for choosing to spend your Thanksgiving with us here in 30Boltwood, and we hope to see you for many more occasions in the years to come!
Best,

Reviewed 19 November 2016 via mobile

Too fancy. Love the place and its ambience, but pate+ on an English muffin is the sandwich? Wish it were a little less hoity-toity.