“Delicious New Orleans Food”
Review of Blue Rooster Cafe

Blue Rooster Cafe
Ranked #111 of 372 Restaurants in Annapolis
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner
Description: Located in the heart of Cape St. Claire, the Blue Rooster Cafe is a down-to-earth neighborhood cafe where friends and family can come together to hear a little Blues, have a home cooked meal, sip a cold local brew, or enjoy a great cup of coffee.
Reviewed 1 June 2017 via mobile

Enjoyed a lunch here with my wife. They serve breakfast all day so I ordered the NOLA frittata. Delicious! I chose the home fries and enjoyed the old bay seasonings. My wife ordered the shrimp grits and was very satisfied. Our dishes were perfect. We finished our meal with benets. They were freshly deep fried and covered in white powder sugar. It was a wonderful lunch. When we ordered, we went up to the counter, placed our order, and paid. Our lunch was then brought out to the table when it was cooked. An all together good experience-good food in a neighborhood, relaxed atmosphere.

Reviewed 22 April 2017 via mobile

Blue Rooster Cafe is a very cozy cafe that serves locals in the area. Great to grab a coffee and chat with friends from the neighborhood.

But it's not so great for breakfast.

The country fried steak was a greasy piece of battered flesh. The potatoes are frozen patties you'd find a McDonald's. The muffins are served cold from a package. The toast -- two pieces of white bread served with one jam and one pad of butter.

On the bright side the fried eggs were properly cooked to order. The coffee was a bit weak for my urban palate.

Overall the Blue Rooster Cafe is great for locals to meet for bagels (Navel Bagels) and coffee.

Reviewed 3 April 2017

I have not had a bad meal here, it's just that I have never had a great meal either. The restaurant is close to my in-laws and it is convenient for them.... so we go. We have had breakfast, lunch and dinner. The menu is extensive with plenty of choices. Just don't expect it to be the Prime Rib.

1  Thank Jay S
Reviewed 17 January 2017 via mobile

We found this as we were going by, nice decor, order at counter, breakfast was very good. Home fries were very Chrispy. This is also where you can order wine, beer or cocktail. Jazz music playing in the background. Would go back.

Reviewed 14 December 2016 via mobile

Food very good . Service great very eclectic. Good local to table products. Seasonal fare at its best. Great plates