All reviews front desk club lounge medical center westfield mall starbucks coffee restaurant staff indoor pool bed was comfortable this past weekend downtown area naval academy computers usna
Reviewed 29 December 2017

This week I was in Annapolis to visit family and attend the Military bowl. This is my first time staying at the Crown Plaza in Annapolis and my 4th time staying at a Crown Plaza in general. I'm an IHG Platinum member and always stick to IHG branded hotels.
I will compare this stay with my previous stays at other Crown Plazas.
First, I want to say that the Pool and Jacuzzi at this hotel were the best of any indoor pool and jacuzzi I've ever experienced at any IHG Branded hotel. Ever. While the pool is on the smaller side, it was clean, comfortable, the water was warm, the hot tub was hot, the lights were all functioning, the towels were present and nice, and the area clean. It seems that anytime I stay somewhere with indoor pools/jacuzzis there's always something wrong. Pool freezing, hot tub not hot, lights out, dirty or whatever. At this Crown Plaza I couldnt find a single thing wrong with the pool area. It was super nice and relaxing! Kudos to you!
The entry way is bright, big, clean and looks recently remodeled. Very welcoming. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that the elevators sit at the lobby floor with the doors open. I have not seen this before at any IHG hotel and I wish more would do this. Very nice addition.
The hallway on the 5th floor seemed to smell of some oder, like distant cigarette smoke or something. It wasn't very pleasing. The room was clean, smaller than we have ever really experienced with a King Executive, and darker than one would hope. The bed was comfortable and it was nice to have a kurig with starbucks coffee. Towels were plentiful and comfortable. I did notice that the extra little special sleeping kits that I've received at previous Crown Plazas was not present at this one. Not sure why. There is also no ice machines on any floor. You have to pre made up zip lock bags of ice in the lobby or call down and someone will bring it up to you.

One recommendation, we were checking in on what was clearly a busy wednesday check in because of the Military Bowl taking place. We had to wait about 15 minutes to just check in. There were two people checking in guests at 4 PM and a line of 20 guests. If you know its a busy night, please have more people to check in guests. I don't believe I've ever waiting 15-20 minutes to check into a hotel anywhere ever.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay at this crown plaza. I would recommend anyone check this place out and take advantage of the pool and hot tub.

Room Tip: Use the Hot Tub and Pool!
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chrismarino
Elsa J, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Annapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2017

Dear Chrismariono,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us at the Crowne Plaza Annapolis. Thank you for being an IHG Rewards Platinum Member. It is our pleasure to serve you. We hope to see you soon again.

Have a lovely day and Happy New Year.

Reviewed 21 December 2017

Very average rooms, a lot of renovations since last visit a year earlier, excellent staff
made the difference. Front desk staff particular and friendly, greeted us by name every time we walked by the desk. Bartender served us dinner and was a real hoot.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Elsa J, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Annapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2017

Dear Rwlogan,

Thank you so much for taking the time to complete the survey. We appreciate your feedback. It is very important to us. We hope to see you soon again.

Have a lovely day.

Reviewed 5 December 2017

My husband and I stayed here to attend an event downtown. It is a quick 10-15 minute ride to the Annapolis downtown area (about $12 Uber). The Crowne isn't on the main drag so to speak, or downtown, but it is an affordable and comfortable hotel. The check-in staff were friendly and efficient. The hotel itself is lovely and appears to have been recently updated. Our room was spotless, spacious, and our bed was comfortable. The only downside is having the highway right next door. Unfortunately our room backed up to Route 50, and the road noise was pretty loud. So I'd give it 4.5 stars instead of 5, but the hotel can't really help that.
I would certainly stay there again, however, I would request a room on the opposite side, facing Jennifer Road. So make sure that you do that or bring a noise machine!

Room Tip: stay on the jennifer road side, opposite of route 50
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Elsa J, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Annapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2017

Dear Lauren L,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us at the Crowne Plaza Annapolis. It is our pleasure to serve you at the Crowne Plaza Annapolis. Your "home away from home", where "life is a breeze". We appreciate your feedback. It is very important to us. Thank you so much for taking the time to complete the survey. We hope to see you soon again.

Have a lovely day and Happy Holidays.

Reviewed 2 December 2017

I have stayed at a number of hotels in the area in past 20
years since we moved from Annapolis to Hawaii. Some of these
places were significantly pricier but were nowhere near as good. Friendly, efficient staff. High quality rooms and public spaces.

Room Tip: High floor
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Allanjudy,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us at the Crowne Plaza Annapolis. It is our pleasure to serve you at the Crowne Plaza Annapolis. Your "home away from home", where "life is a breeze". We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate you taking the time to complete the survey. We hope to see you soon again.

Have a lovely day and Happy Holidays.

Reviewed 16 November 2017 via mobile

The hotel has been completely updated. The staff was very friendly and efficient. Business center has easy access. Great small bar area. Breakfast was great and the pool area is really nice. I will definitely be back. The prices were a super value.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Elsa J, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Annapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2017

Dear Manny D,

Thank you so much for taking the time to complete the survey and for choosing to stay with us at the Crowne Plaza Annapolis. We are thrilled to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is our pleasure to serve you. We look forward to your next stay.

Have a lovely day and stay warm.