“Not What I Ordered”

Charleys Cheesesteaks
Get food delivered
Ranked #196 of 339 Restaurants in Annapolis
Cuisines: American
Description: In 1986, Charleys redefined the Philly Cheesesteak. Today, almost 600 locations in 46 states and 17 countries serve up the #1 Cheesesteak in the World. Made with fresh, quality ingredients grilled-to-order the Charleys way.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I had a taste for a steak and cheese so I decided to go to Charley's. I ordered my food and while waiting I noticed a sandwich sitting to the side. At this time I made eye contact with the young lady making the sandwiches. The guy cooking the meat came and removed half of the meat that had been sitting on the sandwich on the side and placed it on fresh bread. The young lady wrapped the sandwich and called my order #. I explained to her that I didn't want the sandwich the had been sitting and getting cold. She told the guy what happened. Due to social distancing I moved further away and within a few minutes my # was called again. I got my food and left. Upon arriving back at work I was upset that my steak and cheese was chicken.

Date of visit: September 2021
Write a reviewReviews (6)

Reviewed 10 October 2019

My small Philly Chicken Sub was delicious! The fries were crispy, hot & delicious! Good portions & with a soft drink, the total was $8.18. Give Charleys a try if you are in the eatery at the Annapolis Mall.

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed 23 March 2018

On Friday the 23rd of March I stopped at the Annapolis Mall Food Court at about 7:30PM. Charley’s was not busy when I arrived. I was promptly cheerfully greeted by the cashier who took my order, a large cheesesteak with everything and extra hots, to go. I paid for my cheesesteak and was given my receipt. The receipt indicated that the very pleasant cashier’s name is Xiomara, P.

Charley’s also serves chicken steak subs, French Fries, Cheese Fries and few other items I have never tried. I had my taste buds set for a cheesesteak! The subs come in 3 sizes, basically small medium and large. I don’t recall the actual length of the sub associated with the sizes.

I observed 5 or 6 employees performing various duties behind the counter such as refilling the lemonade dispenser and cooking the meals on the grill and the final construction of the sandwich with the various fixings.

The work area was well lit and appeared to be clean. The staff handling food were wearing plastic gloves. All the staff appeared happy and worked as a team. In a few minutes my steak was cooked and moved from the grill to the final station where it was place on the sub roll and the fixings were applied. The nice lady at this station confirmed with me the fixings I had requested and dressed the sub. My sub was completed and placed in a sturdy box that allowed me to carry the sub without mashing it up. A nice touch!

I took my sub home and immediately ate half and saved the other half for later. This was a very good cheesesteak. To call it a Philly Cheesesteak is a bit of a stretch if you have ever had a Cheesesteak from made in Philadelphia but as a general cheesesteak I was not disappointed.

The service and attitude of the staff was also very good! Kudos to the team at Charley’s Philly Steaks for a job well done! Thank you!

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 29 June 2017 via mobile

My wife and I had not been to the mall in a long time and we both were getting a little hungry. One of the very pleasant employees was offering free samples of the chicken cheesesteak and it was pretty tasty. Okay, the sample worked. We split a small and they had a special so you got free fries with it for $4.99 which is a pretty good deal in a mall food court. The fries were hot and really good with the Old Bay. Would definitely try again. Nice staff.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 18 March 2016

I was in the Food Court of the mall and saw Charley's Philly Steaks. I was reluctant to try a cheese steak because I am usually disappointed by establishments that claim they are making Philly cheese steaks. I took a chance and I am very glad I did!

The lady that took my order was very pleasant. Greeted me when it was my turn to place my order. Paid for my order and waited about 3 minutes or so as I watched my order being cooked. As I moved down the counter I got to the station where the sub is actually constructed and any condiments you requested are added... and Waa Laa! My sub sandwich was wrapped, bagged and handed to me!

Now, I still may be mistaken about this being a true Philly Cheese Steak sub, because you are allowed to add or delete various condiments that you don't want. A true Philly Cheese Steak is made one way with very little room for modifications. And they are not using Cheese Whiz! However, they make an outstanding Steak & Cheese sub no matter how you choose to dress it!

They also have a couple of variations of Chicken subs and French Fries, with or without cheese and bacon bits. I can not speak about these items because I was focused on trying the Steak and Cheese sub! I was not disappointed!

The subs come in 3 sizes, Half a sub, Regular and Extra Large. I had a regular sub with extra mayo and hots. Mmmmm Boy! Not necessarily the healthiest meal in the Mall but definitely a guilty pleasure!

Oh yeah, not exactly the cheapest eatery in the Food Court, but I believe the juice is worth the squeeze for this cheese steak sub!

Date of visit: March 2016