“Lobster Roll to die for, service killed me”

Mason's Famous Lobster Rolls
Ranked #13 of 372 Restaurants in Annapolis
Cuisines: Seafood, Soups
Description: Mason's serves Fresh Maine Lobster, Crab, and Shrimp Rolls, Chowders, Bisques, and Maine Root soda's all direct from Maine!
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

My colleague and I are are in the Area at a conference. We made our lunch and dinner menus and this wss the day for Masons. We arrived and were excited. The young lady at the counter wasn't very helpful, when I asked the size difference of two sandwiches she literally pointed at the menu as if I were able to gage the difference. Ordered root beer and later realized I basically paid price for combo. We had to extract information, but then it happened older men started to arrive. She became chatty, we heard her ask them about military...they got a discount; we heard her story of homelessness in Cali. This happened three times. I then approached and asked why weren't we asked about military? My colleague actually served. Her startled response, "oh I don't ask everybody" I responded but you've asked everyone you served after us....nothing. Food was great but atmosphere unwelcoming.

4  Thank mary c

Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

Coming from Michigan, we love lobster, but don't often eat it. We saw the sign for Mason's Famous Lobster Rolls, and decided to try it. A small, clean storefront was inviting to enter. Try a classic roll, and you'll have a delightful surprise! Huge chunks of lobster on a toasted & buttered hot dog bun with a little mayo and lemon butter. Quick service, fresh food, delicious! Plan to return one more time before returning home.

1  Thank Nancy B
Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

This small unpretentious place is a true find for a delicious moderately priced lobster lunch.
Various styles of lobster roll and lobster salad are offered...prices around $14 per. Good quantity of fresh--not frozen--lobster meat assures you of a quality lobster roll. You'll probably want a second one, so consider getting the jumbo or an assortment of three if you're really into lobster!

1  Thank George H
Reviewed 15 March 2018

My wife and I were returning from the Eastern Shore and took in a movie in Annapolis. Afterwards, we went to Mason's for some dinner. The Classic Lobster Rolls and the Bowls of Lobster Bisque with Lobster Meat were expensive, but tasty.

Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

Pretty good sandwich with fresh lobster meat and tasty sauce. A four star for this instead of five because the server is unenthusiastic.

1  Thank BOKA L