“Great breakfast ”

Ranked #7 of 377 Restaurants in Annapolis
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout
Description: The Boatyard is where local sailors, fishermen and lovers of the Chesapeake enjoy pint drinks, great crab cakes and the freshest local seafood. Specialties include smoked fish of the day (on premise), cream of crab and Maryland crab soups and an extensive list of crab and seafood specialties. The First Lady came from the White House to enjoy our crab cakes. The Boatyard has the most extensive raw bar in the area including a variety of oysters, clams, shrimp and mussels. The Boatyard receives awards for being most family friendly and having the best burger on the Bay. Its weekend brunch is the best in the area. The Boatyard is located in the historic maritime district of Eastport-a short walk or water taxi from Annapolis City Docks. Its photo boat films the local sailing races and shows them nightly. Named by Coastal Living, Sailing World and Sail Magazine as one of world's top sailing/boating restaurants.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We have been here for breakfast many times and the food is always great. Cool place with the mementos hung on the walls Never had a complaint from anyone in our group.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,509)

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I had lunch at Boatyard the other day. I haven't been there in years. Nothing has changed, it is casual with a nautical leaning in decor. They were busy but we were seated easily. One complaint is while there were a lot of seats available we were put in the lower room where there was a group of about 8 people having a meeting with one person standing up addressing them the whole time, it was loud, and we could have been seated else where. Our server was informed and friendly. We both had the daily special of friend perch with coleslaw and fries. It was supposed to be a Caribbean nod on fish and chips. It came so quickly. The perch was lightly floured, very hot and not greasy at all. The fires were nice as well, not over salted or seasoned as many place do which I don't like. The coleslaw was a big miss, first it should have been in a separate bowl/dish so the liquid if there was any didn't get on the fish and the coldness also should touch the fish or fries. The coleslaw was supposed to have the Carribbean seasoning. It lacked flavor and had no sauce or mayo on it that we could taste. We also had two ice teas which were fine, not to sweet or bland. They offer local dishes and traditional things like nachos and crab soup. Everything is good but not much is great, it is convenient, clean and reasonably priced.

richard f, General Manager at Boatyard Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thanks for coming to the Boatyard and your comments. We always want feedback and will discuss your comment regarding the cold slaw with our chef and GM. Hope to see you again soon. DF

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We went to dinner here the first night of our stay in Annapolis. My husband had the steamer/ sampler bag and I had the crab balls and The cream of crab soup. We liked it so much we went back for dinner our last night. The portions are large ith the crab cake dinner, so we split that and my husband had the yin and yang soup.
Service was excellent too.if we go back through Annapolis we will definately revisit this restaurant.

Reviewed 15 September 2018

Visited the Boatyard for lunch with my nephew who goes to the USNA. I was afraid that there would be a wait at 12:30 and on a day where there was a Navy game at 2:00. But our party of 3 was seated immediately. We got their famous spinach/crab dip which was phenomenal! I also got their crabcake sandwich, my husband got a burger, and my nephew got the Chef's special sandwich of the day which was a bratwurst on a pretzel bun. We all loved our meals. Service was super friendly and was fast which was perfect for my nephew who had to get back to USNA by 1:30. I'd recommend this restaurant to all of my friends and family.

Reviewed 15 September 2018

The Boatyard Bar & Grill, has the best Crab Cakes you will ever eat. They have little added fill and all crab meat. The meal has 2 large crab cakes with sides. My grandson had the Fish Tacos, which was great! The restaurant is noisy, so don't expect a quiet dinner. It is also, very busy with a small parking lot, so you will have to find a place to park on the street. It is well worth the wait!!!

Been to Boatyard Bar & Grill? Share your experiences!