“Cool Mexican restaurant with good food & good service”
Review of El Toro Bravo

El Toro Bravo
Ranked #146 of 377 Restaurants in Annapolis
Price range: US$0 - US$7
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed 24 August 2015

On a slow Monday evening , we went to have dinner at El Toro Bravo . Our server Alfredo was great. Very good Margarita selection . Pacifico beer in chilled glass and Chicken Tortilla Soup for my wife and Shrimp Quesadilla was great & filling. The presentation of chips and salsa was also nice. Outside seating was great , Chef also gives a spicy sauce on request. The Shrimp Quesadilla has plenty of shrimps & the meal tasted great. It is a good spot to hit before / after you want to walk Annapolis. The service was great . food was good . Would definitely recommend & return this place.

Reviewed 12 August 2015

The food was good but the ambiance and decor were lacking. It felt like a spruced up diner. Our waiter Johathon was very upbeat and good

Reviewed 29 July 2015 via mobile

I wasn't sure what to expect having just returned from Arizona, having had some of the best Mexican food I've ever had. It was the mrs's birthday so this is where she wanted to go try!
I didn't expect to get grocery store salsa and chips? I really dig Plaza Garibaldi not far up the road, they have great salsa. Pretty authentic Mexican food!
So ok salsa wasn't good so, we'll get a qeuso dip, that was ok.
So as I'm a big fan of chimichangas I can't help but get them? So I did! They were...ok? They definitely had a need to change the oil in the fryer taste to 'em! The refried bean were runny!! Just weird!! My wife enjoyed hers! She being from SoCal is a subject matter expert on Mexican so....??? It wasn't expensive so no great loss, and it was her birthday.
Also I would suggest that the staff not drop a boat load of "pinche's, pinche this and that!! Make sure somebody around you doesn't have a basic understanding of Spanish, before you "cuss" up a storm!! If you don't know what it is...pinche....Google it!! Other than that they were friendly enough I suppose?
They do have pretty cool glasses for margaritas and the same for draft beers!
I don't know that I'd go back, or out of my way to return. Maybe I caught 'em on a bad night? It wasn't busy at all, so who knows!!

Reviewed 6 July 2015 via mobile

A must-stop for my friends and I when we're spending the day in Annapolis. They serve margaritas by the pitcher, 32 oz, or 16 oz in many flavors -- I happen to prefer the regular flavor on the rocks. Food is pretty good too -- not the best I've ever had but lots of variety and it will definitely satisfy a Mexican craving. Overall a good day drinking spot!

Reviewed 20 June 2015 via mobile

We have been here a number of times and since I decided to embrace Trip advisor I thought I should let others know. Whether you are in the mood for great tacos ( both soft & hard shell) and a couple of beers at the bar or a full on Mexican meal do not hesitate to try this place. All the food is well executed with quality ingredients and cooking/grilling methods, flavorful, & plentiful. You couldn't be disappointed. One note of caution ; the salsa & chips are amazing and addictive.
Also, extremely clean!