“Great food!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This was our second trip to Annapolis and my wife could not wait to get some delicious crab cakes. We enjoyed two huge crab cakes that were very filling and very good! We also tried one of their great milkshakes and were not disappointed. One milkshake was plenty shared between us as was the crab cake order that we split. Service was fast and friendly. I would highly recommend that if you are in downtown Annapolis you give this place a try. It is always busy but we have not had an issue finding s seat. The menu has many choices to satisfy anyone but I highly recommend the crab cakes! Delicious!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,786)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

You can’t go wrong with this place. Yes, the seating is tight, but if you like great food, this is a must-go.

Crab cakes are some of the best around. There’s a hot sandwich for all tastes, and the shakes and pies are worth the price of admission alone.

Grab a booth anywhere you can and get cozy. It’s a tight fit anywhere inside. Sandwiches named after local politicians cover the menu and they’re all very different from the last. I personally love the reuben or pastrami on rye followed by one of the hand mixed shakes. This will always be a favorite stop if we’re out downtown, even late night.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This restaurant is a well-known favorite in downtown Annapolis. However, I don’t understand why. The food is just OK. I really want to like it and bring friends and family here, but it’s not even good diner food. Our orders were not prepared correctly, the eggs were over-cooked, my tea was never refilled and the matzo ball in the soup was way too big, dry and inedible. I’ve given this place 3 tries and each one has been disappointing.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

If you’re looking for an experience, not just a meal, try Chick and Ruth’s. It’s quirky, usually packed, tight seating and good food. We had the 8-ounce crab cake which was mostly lump crabmeat, little filler and it was delicious and very filling. Had a milkshake too. The seats are so close together don’t even think about having a private conversation - but that was part of the charm. We talked to our neighbors and enjoyed it. Will definitely go back!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The 1 1/2 hour trip out of our way to Chick and Ruth's Delly was well worth it. This restaurant had been recommended by our son and his wife who raved about the food. Needless to say, it was well worth the drive. The atmosphere was upbeat and the service was great. My husband and I both ordered crab cakes & split a cream of crab soup (although we pretty much arm wrestled for the last bite). All of it was delicious, but the cream of crab soup was the best I've ever had. Do yourself a favor and don't miss this place!