“Authentic, great service ambiance hiding in an unassuming exterior - gets busy!”
Review of Jalapeno's

Jalapeno's
Ranked #3 of 373 Restaurants in Annapolis
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 31 December 2016

This was my first visit to Jalepeno's and we will absolutely be back!

The menu provides a wonderful (nearly overwhelming) variety of cuban, spanish, and mexican cuisine - you could stick just to the tapas and have a lovely meal. We enjoyed 3 tapas to start (chorizo - which was outstanding with a nice spice; stuffed jalapeno's - which were a hit that we all enjoyed, and the ceviche), along with the guacamole and chips.

Our mains included two seafood dishes (scallops and the special, which was a halibut) and two meat dishes (I had the ropa vieja). My ropa vieja was out of this world - the plantains were delicious, and the helping was incredibly generous - I could have split it - and it was topped with a spicy chili pepper that I chopped up and sprinkled into the dish to give it some kick.

We enjoyed yummy cocktails (margaritas) and good beer, followed by a nice Rioja from the wine list (which has a nice range and variety).

Really wonderful atmosphere inside, and we visited on a Friday when there was a guitarist strumming Spanish tunes. I am so glad we finally discovered this locale and am very much looking forward to future visits!

(Also - my recommendation if you are dining at peak times is to make a reservation, it is a very busy spot!)

Reviewed 26 December 2016 via mobile

This restaurant in an unlikely place (shopping center) is just amazing with an extensive menu of Mexican and Spanish food. The secret is out; what was formerly a local favorite is now widely recognized as a great dining experience.

Reviewed 30 November 2016

tacos and calamaris are very good. Good atmosphere. Good mix of singles, young couples, silver couples and small groups. Bustling enough to feel a good vibe but not too noisy where you can't hear what you are thinking. Very nice place.

Reviewed 14 November 2016

happy hour starts at 4..there are only a few tables,,so you need to get there a bit earlier...the restaurant is always booked...the food is wonderful, mexican/spanish. thursdays they have live music and happy hour goes till 11a the bar....they have a flamenco show couple times a year....its been a favorite of ours for years....including anniversaries.

Reviewed 6 November 2016

My wife and I were shopping at the Annapolis mall and wanted to find a Mexican restaurant nearby for dinner. A quick Google search led me to Jalapeños. It's located in a strip mall so we were a little apprehensive when we arrived in the parking lot. That faded away as soon as we went inside. Very nice place for sure. Service was very good from the moment we arrived until we left. The margaritas were very good but the food was just plain amazing!
Can't wait to go back and would recommend this place to anyone.