“Good caramels and good ice cream”
Review of Kilwins

Kilwins
Ranked #3 of 17 Dessert in Annapolis
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Lots of flavors to choose from (both ice cream and fudge/candy)! Good service, friendly team members. Nice place.

Reviewed 22 October 2018

Kilwins gets it right: the sights, the sounds, and most importantly, the smells. Outside seating only adds to its charm. People watching from your sidewalk perch is especially rewarding as you see others drawn into this pleasure palace.
My doctor would strongly advise me against trying everything Kilwins has to offer (at least, all at once), so I contented myself two (heaping) scoops of ice cream: one scoop of Perfect Apple Pie (the descriptor is no exaggeration) and one of Marsh-Mallow S'more in a waffle bowl, of course. This is seriously good ice cream. The fudge topping went largely unnoticed because the ice cream doesn't just steal the show--it is the show.
We had a sample of salted caramel fudge (I think): it was heavenly. If the ice cream had failed us, I'm sure I would've bought the fudge right then! There's such a variety of options that very few people can leave Kilwins disappointed.
I'm already planning another visit to Annapolis...

Reviewed 18 October 2018 via mobile

The handmade ice cream was delicious and the perfect serving. The waffle cones were very fresh and the every flavor our group tried was enjoyable. They also had fudge and a variety of other chocolate treats, but we stuck to their ice cream. We would definitely go back for another scoop when we are in town.

Reviewed 13 October 2018 via mobile

Even if you don’t want to buy any of the ice cream, fudge, chocolate or caramel goodies sold here, you should still walk in and just look around and breathe deeply — and enjoy the delicious sweet smells and sights — it’s a sensory delight! You can watch several of the goodies being made, which children really enjoy.

As you enter there are two lines, the one on the right is for the fudge, chocolate and caramel offerings and the one on the left is for ice cream. We chose the ice cream line and loved our cups and cones of delicious dessert.

We would happily return.

Reviewed 30 September 2018

This place has a great reputation. And, the Saturday evening we visited we found quite a few people being quickly served in line ahead of us. Unfortunately, the chocolate ice cream I was served suffered from having some ice crystals. That generally is a sign that the ice cream was allowed to thaw a bit and then refrozen.

Date of visit: September 2018