“Best Fajitas you will ever have - for locals only”
Review of Sin Fronteras Cafe

Sin Fronteras Cafe
Ranked #16 of 372 Restaurants in Annapolis
Price range: US$10 - US$18
Description: Excellent local eatery offering Mexican and Latin cuisne.
Description: Excellent local eatery offering Mexican and Latin cuisne.
Reviewed 28 June 2016

This is one of those places you keep hearing people rave about..... and add me to the list. I kept encountering friends who would tell me about their amazing meals but never found myself in the vicinity to try it. One night at a party, someone had brought Sin Frontera's ceviche and it inspired me.... I HAD TO HAVE MORE! Their food is outstanding. There are a lot of menu options and everything I've tasted is fabulous. The fajitas are THE BEST YOU WILL EVER HAVE. The ceviche is addictive and their guacamole is also fantastic.

Their margarita is not for the faint of heart. It reminds me those old ~Forest Dr. Mexican Cafe~ margaritas (long-time locals will know what I mean). They are tart, strong, and quite large.

I recommend this dining experience to locals only. It is not in a tourist location and would be hard to find. The atmosphere is okay. The service is efficient - there is some language barrier. The owner is typically on-site and makes the rounds to each table which is nice.

Definitely try it if you enjoy latin food.

Reviewed 25 May 2016

The place is in a somewhat low key or dare I even say mildly dilapidated state with tables and chairs that match low price options. I was optimistic to eat there based on the raving reviews that the place had here on TripAdvisor.
The party that I was with there had some mixed reviews of the food, no one thought that it was great, at best just OK. Nobody in our party was really ecstatic about their food.
I had the Peruvian spice encrusted Ahi Tuna which was overcooked (border lining burnt) and very dry. The chef must have decided that his only spice to use that night was the salt shaker and to use it well. The tuna was heavily salted, the veggies and mashed potatoes where great but the tuna missed its mark. The tuna was so over salted that I had to stop on the way home to get 2 20oz bottles of water to quench my thirst.
I really wish that I could have gotten the same great food that others have raved about, but unfortunately this time they missed their mark. The service is basic and pricing is modest.

Reviewed 24 May 2016

The restaurant is in a small strip with a liquor store. There is just enough parking for patrons if you get to the restaurant reasonably early, not sure about prime time. But more importantly, the food is fabulous... The specialties are great, but we've now tried much of the men and it's all good. MArgueritas are good too, and wine by the glass is generous. I'm not a fan of the Sangria, but my husband disagrees.

So, all in all.. Love the place as long as you understand that you are not paying for the atmosphere. Oh, forgot to mention that the owner comes around to check on the patrons...nice.

Reviewed 21 May 2016 via mobile

Start with the guac. Trust me, start with the guac. From there everything is great. Go no where else for Mexican food.

Reviewed 6 May 2016 via mobile

Really good Mexican food, on Forrest Drive near the Shoppers Food Warehouse. It's in an older area but this place is good. Really good salsa, queso, guac.
Service is always good and they have an outside seating area. Looks a lil sketchy but try it!! U won't be disappointed.