“Decent food, chummy service”

Paladar Latin Bar and Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Paladar Latin Bar and Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #42 of 385 Restaurants in Annapolis
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Latin
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Riva Road
Description: Paladar Latin Kitchen & Rum Bar is a fresh, colorful and fun Latin American restaurant experience inspired by Central & South America, Cuba and the Latin Caribbean. With guidance from our warm and welcoming staff, our guests discover the bold flavors and vibrant cultures of Latin America without leaving their comfort zone. Our approachable menu features freshly prepared guacamole, slow roasted and grilled meats, fresh seafood and homemade salsas. The rhythm of Latin Music sets the tone at our unique rum bar that offers fresh muddled Mojitos, over 50 selections of Rum and an affordable and exciting wine list.
Reviewed 8 May 2017

A foodie relative recommended this restaurant, having enjoyed it several times. We didn't share plates with each other. I can say that I ate just half of my food. My chorizo and goat cheese burger with onions and jalapeños had too many flavors competing, and the fries were just there. That said, the other diners enjoyed their sockeye salmon, lamb chops and pork chops. The waiter recommended his favorite desserts, but no one could eat any more because the entrees are quite large enough and filling.

Date of visit: May 2017

Reviewed 2 April 2017 via mobile

I will first say that my husband and went on a Saturday around 4:30 and they had happy hour till 7. Happy hour on a weekend is not common - this is the main reason we went. We sat at the bar and were served quickly. We started with chips and guac - chips are a mix of corn, plantain and yucca which is a nice touch. The order of guac was very small though, more like a serving. We eat ordered different tacos. My husband enjoyed his, but I was disappointed- both sets of tacos were covered in a sauce that made everything kind of wet and mushy. Drinks were good and a good price. Overall I thought the food was just OK. Wouldn't have wanted to pay full price.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed 29 March 2017

Food was really good. We have good fish tacos and the guacamole and homemade chips are really good. We had several drinks all were good. We will be back.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 1 March 2017

Went here with my daughter after visiting someone in the hospital. We started out with their homemade chips (plantains and tortilla) and pica de Gallo salsa all 3 were very good. Loved the cucumber in the salsa but it was not very spicy. For our meals my daughter ordered the Brazilian shrimp and mussel stew. She did really like the mussels and the bread but said the shrimp and the rest of the ingredients were very spicy. I did taste it and found out she does not curry (either do I). I got the braised beef tacos (without the jalapenos) with pinto beans and I did enjoy my meal. Our waitress was very nice, efficient. The host was also good about the explaining the menu since this was my first time there.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 24 February 2017

During our dinner we had an excellent dish but others were just nice or not well-made. The wild corvina and avocado ceviche was excellent. The rum-glazed cuban pork was just nice. The coconut curry vegetable stew was not very flavourful and the mojo-marinated sockeye salmon was flavourful but completely overcooked.
The service was not unfriendly, but personal or professional enough.
When we were there, the large restaurant was almost empty - only a couple of tables were filled. They gave us a nice table with couches and some intimacy. Ask for one of these tables if the place is empty.
If you like their large selection of rums and you select you dishes well, this restaurant can be OK, but we did not think our experience as a whole was interesting.

Date of visit: February 2017

Been to Paladar Latin Bar and Restaurant? Share your experiences!