“Not quite what I was looking for, but a rousing success”
Review of Light House Bistro

Light House Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Light House Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 384 Restaurants in Annapolis
Reviewed 11 April 2018

It's the Wandering Yank here. On Easter Sunday, early afternoon, I had my eyes on a brewpub down the street. For some reason it wasn't open (arrgghh...), so alternatives were in order. This was the highest-ranked restaurant nearby, and after a 20-minute wait we were all set.

Even though there was a bar, since only breakfast food was available, beer didn't seem like the right choice. I had an excellent breakfast sandwich (egg, bread, cheese, ham...yum!). Others had various French toast and omelette combos.

It was certainly busy, but service was very efficient and upbeat. Food was universally delicious. Decor is...interesting in a good way. And prices were reasonable for the quality.

2 thumbs up!

Reviewed 2 April 2018

My husband is from the South and he raved about his breakast— crab cake and waffles. Our waitress was very good as well. I’m vegan, so there was very little on the menu for me. I had avocado toast on whole grain bread with tomatoes. If you love a heavy traditional style breakfast this is your place.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

We had a late breakfast at the Light House Bistro. The yogurt parfait was sooooo very good. And there was a Saturday “make your own” bloody, stand. Sooo very good also. Loved the open face avocado on bread toast; and the chicken -n- waffles were super. We had a party of 6, and everyone loved their meals. Just a neat place, WHICH also happens to help get people on their feet and learn a trade. Make sure to donate onto your tab. A fab-tab-ulous experience.
A big A++++

Reviewed 10 March 2018

We stooped in for brunch on a sunny Saturday, having talked about trying this place since it first opened months ago. I would like to give a better rating, but although our food was excellent it was stone cold when it arrived at our table. My wife had the veggie hash with poached eggs, and I had the California "Benny" (that's a benedict). They were both excellent, but as I mentioned they arrived cold. Service was superb. I'll give this place another try the next time I'm in the neighborhood and see how that turns out.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

I live within a few blocks of the Light House so I feel bad it’s taken me over a year to go. My husband suggested we try it one night - I am so over eating at a bar and running into half of Annapolis when I just want some time with my husband. Well, we were blown away! The food was delicious - I had an app (can’t remember which one) and the fig and goat cheese flat bread was so yummy. My husband had a burger and said it was one of the best he has ever had. So the food is great - but there’s so much more to this place. It had been the local homeless shelter, which has since moved. All of the people working here were previously homeless and went through a 14 week job training program on food service and hospitality. Well, you can tell. Our waitress was one of the sweetest we have ever had. On top of that the place is beautiful inside and completed with all repurposed items from old factories, churches, etc. So this is such a win-win for all involved - great job! Will be back soon and we are spreading the word to anyone who hasn’t been!

Date of visit: February 2018