“Can't rate the food”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

Because service was so bad we never tasted it. Recently our favorite local Chinese restaurant (Court of Shanghai) closed. We went on search of a replacement. It still not be this place. We went on a Saturday night at 6 pm. Large restaurant but only 1 other booth taken. My husband and say down and three waitress gave us menues. Our friends joined us within a couple minutes. But then the four of us say there for 20 minutes, decided this is not going to be our new go to place. There were two staff just standing around. My husband said we say there for 20th minutes and no one took our order. The answer, "the phone was busy" really, didn't look like anyone was on the phone now. Poor excuse. We will continue to still out another new favorite place. We miss you Court of Shanghai!

Reviewed 30 March 2017

We were somewhat leary when we saw the front of the place and more so when we went in and it was empty. But the staff was friendly even though they knew little English. The food was very good and abundant. Prices were low. Good beer.

Reviewed 19 February 2017

We arrived back at our hotel after a long day of working and were starved. We used Grubhub as we didn't feel like going out. House of Hunan was one of the options. We appreciated that the order could be customized (no MSG, no sugar, no salt, no starch if you wished -- we chose no MSG and no sugar). The order arrived hot and toasty. The first thing we noticed were the vegetables. They were crisp and perfectly cooked. Everything was obviously fresh, no canned. The sauce was light and no "gooey" in the way some can be. They had brown rice (which I appreciate and think tastes better). Overall, the meal was among the best we've had. We ordered the shrimp special, moo shui pork (the pancakes were obviously freshly made and not crumbly like some can be), and moo goo gai pan. The wonton soup was particularly nice with small homemade dumplings.

Reviewed 29 January 2017

My wife and I ate here while shopping nearby, and she got the fried rice. It came out w/ spolied onions in it. We both tried it, and it definately was spoiled. The waitress came up when we complained, ate a bite from her plate, and insisted that they were not spoiled. She refused to do anything about it. So we told the manager we weren't paying for her meal, paid the bill, and left. They were not apologetic. Do not eat here!

1  Thank mcjurek
Reviewed 28 December 2016

When I lived in Annapolis pre 2003 I used to frequent this establishment approximately twice a month. I recently returned and was not disappointed by the food. It was as good as I remembered and the service was attentive.