“After many years I returned”
Review of House of Hunan

House of Hunan
Ranked #184 of 368 Restaurants in Annapolis
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed 28 December 2016

When I lived in Annapolis pre 2003 I used to frequent this establishment approximately twice a month. I recently returned and was not disappointed by the food. It was as good as I remembered and the service was attentive.

Reviewed 21 December 2016

Decent food that seems to be. Better when you eat in rather than carry out. The vegetable curl has been terrible the last few times but other dishes do not dissapoint.

Reviewed 30 November 2016

First and for most, food was very very salty, all I could taste was soy sauce. I was expecting decent quality food with the price range (average dish $14-16) but it was a rude awakening.

Reviewed 4 November 2016 via mobile

One of my husband's favorite restaurants, and definitely the best Chinese food around. Came tonight for his birthday and they did not disappoint. Staff was welcoming and very attentive, steamed towels are a nice touch. Get the dried shredded beef, unique and delicious.

Reviewed 20 July 2016

Six of us had lunch here today. The menu was varied enough to suit all six. Among us were vegetarians, beef lovers and those who do not like spicy food. It appears that at least some of the vegetables are fresh, as we saw three members of the staff sitting at another table stringing snow peas. The service was rather odd, however. Although no appetizers had been ordered, the server did bring a large plate of won ton noodles and placed it, along with two sets of two sauces each, on the lazy Susan in the center of the table. However, she did not bring plates for everyone. I was given a dinner plate, the person sitting next to me, a small plate. When one person asked for hot tea, the server did offer all of us cups. The water was frequently topped off, a very good thing on a hot day. At the end of the meal, the server brought hot towels. A wrapped fortune cookie was included at the end of the meal for everyone as well.

I had the vegetable fried rice and it was incredibly bland. I'd say it was the most tasteless meal I've ever had in a Chinese restaurant. I wouldn't go back, which is a shame, as it does do carryout and is convenient for a quick lunch.