“Fresh, varied menu and very attentive staff”
Review of House of Hunan

House of Hunan
Ranked #183 of 377 Restaurants in Annapolis
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed 4 November 2016 via mobile

One of my husband's favorite restaurants, and definitely the best Chinese food around. Came tonight for his birthday and they did not disappoint. Staff was welcoming and very attentive, steamed towels are a nice touch. Get the dried shredded beef, unique and delicious.

Reviewed 20 July 2016

Six of us had lunch here today. The menu was varied enough to suit all six. Among us were vegetarians, beef lovers and those who do not like spicy food. It appears that at least some of the vegetables are fresh, as we saw three members of the staff sitting at another table stringing snow peas. The service was rather odd, however. Although no appetizers had been ordered, the server did bring a large plate of won ton noodles and placed it, along with two sets of two sauces each, on the lazy Susan in the center of the table. However, she did not bring plates for everyone. I was given a dinner plate, the person sitting next to me, a small plate. When one person asked for hot tea, the server did offer all of us cups. The water was frequently topped off, a very good thing on a hot day. At the end of the meal, the server brought hot towels. A wrapped fortune cookie was included at the end of the meal for everyone as well.

I had the vegetable fried rice and it was incredibly bland. I'd say it was the most tasteless meal I've ever had in a Chinese restaurant. I wouldn't go back, which is a shame, as it does do carryout and is convenient for a quick lunch.

Reviewed 16 June 2016

I ordered sweet and sour chicken dinner as take out. It was a good size portion with frief rice and egg roll. I asked another customer who was waiting if this was a good place to eat and they said it was the best place in annapolis for chinese.

Reviewed 26 May 2016

I am a frequent customer of the restaurant. The food is always great and fresh. It is not like some of the other restaurant who food does not taste that good.

Reviewed 26 March 2016

My wife and I stopped here on our recent stay in Annapolis and we had a lovely quiet dinner. The food was great and the staff was excellent.