“Pretty good comfort food for those that need their Bahn Mi fix.”
Review of Rice Workshop

Rice Workshop
Ranked #276 of 380 Restaurants in Annapolis
Reviewed 14 August 2018

My wife thinks she may be allergic to lobster, which meant that my original intention to visit Mason's for a lobster roll was scrapped. It also didn't help that I was balking just a smidge on the price. My wife loves Bahn Mi and we called the audible and ended up here at Rice Workshop.

We ordered some spring rolls for the kids and Bahn Mi for the adults. I went with the pork, the wife with the chicken. It tasted like what I expect from a Bahn Mi although it did seem like the filling was a little light. Now that may actually be more traditional, but I guess I'm spoiled at the idea of having my mouth pop with flavor. The bread seemed to overpower everything else.

I got a Vietnamese coffee to go, which was great. Wish they had the setup to do bubble tea..maybe they have that available now.

Service was friendly and we talked with the manager or owner while my daughter was up to her cute antics.

The food was solid but not groundbreaking. Nevertheless, if I need some Vietnamese food in my life and I'm in the area, my initial opinions won't stop me from coming back.

Reviewed 7 December 2017

It is the only local place to get bahn mi. The bread is traditional french roll, light but crispy. The offer, pork, chicken or tofu. I get the tofu which includes jalapeño, pickled veggie and siracha. You can easily get it to go. There are a few tables. I hope more people enjoy this place so they stay in the area.

Reviewed 17 November 2017

Ordered the Bánh Mi & split some Spring Rolls with a co-worker. The Spring Rolls were crispy and tasty, the fish sauce complemented these little fried rolls of deliciousness very well. The Bánh Mi on the other hand... I went with chicken, it was bland and boring, the portion size of chicken was tiny. The menu said it had some sort of homemade mayo on the sandwich but I did not taste or see any?

The bread and pickled veggies were the best part of the meal.

*I've only purchased food from this place twice. My co-worker goes once a week and loves it.

Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

It's difficult to understand how such a place in such high rent district can exist with such poor food. Unlike most counter served Asian restaurants that cook each order separately this one does not. It's precooked. As a result it's cold, lifeless, and limp. The egg rolls are not crispy and greasy. The beef and chicken and rice dishes are tasteless. Definitely will not return.

Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

Fried Rice Workshop on a whim as I was in the mood for something other then a sandwich for lunch and I love Vietnamese food. Had the Tofu Bun which in the photo looks like a yummy bowl of rice noodles with lots of fresh herbs and spices.
Instead I was given a styrofoam tray with no herbs or spice, shredded iceberg lettuce some shredded cucumber and cold tasteless day old fried tofu.
It was really bland and gross.

This is not authentic and for $9 it is a total ripoff!!!