“Noisy place, Good food”

Bushmill Tavern
Ranked #2 of 29 Restaurants in Abingdon
Cuisines: American, Bar
Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

Food is usually good, and offerings usually include something outside of typical "bar food". Friendly folks, often live music too.

Reviewed 23 July 2018

Food is really good. The restaurant is very loud during dinner, even when there isn't any entertainment or karaoke. My husband and I ate dinner just prior to karaoke on a Wednesday night and had to yell at each other to be heard. I can understand it being loud if there is entertainment, but not when there are a few people dining. The acoustics are horrible. We ordered our drinks and saw them sitting at the bar area for at least 15 minutes, so my husband retrieved them. No apology from our waitress. Also, our waitress ordered the wrong appetizer (and was apologetic) and she probably couldn't hear me when I said I didn't want the correct one if it was going to be served after our meal. Well it was served way after our entree and we just had it boxed up. Very disappointing evening, except the karaoke was great.

1  Thank kenikehss04
Reviewed 19 July 2018

This tavern has really good food. The waitress staff is very friendly. Very loud when more than 10 people. Live bands on Friday nights. Wide age of patrons. Owner greets you at the door! Nightly specials. Don't sit near the side door unless you want to smell cigarette smoke all night. The smokers stand right outside the side door to smoke every 2 minutes.

Reviewed 21 June 2018

This is second time we visited the Bushmill. We were camping down the road and got set up really late and looking for a place that was still open (after 10:00 pm) with food. Enter Bushmill Tavern to the rescue!
I called before going and spoke to a super nice guy that explained there is food available, although limited. We didn't care, we were starving. It was a small crowd on a Monday night, but everyone was having a good time. Our bartender (Jeff - also the guy I spoke to on the phone) was super nice and friendly. We ordered the Duck Fat Fries, Crab Balls, Pretzel Bites, and an order of both the Buffalo and BBQ wings, extra crispy. The wings were fantastic! Along with the other food we ordered.
We stayed for a while and really enjoyed just hanging out and playing Keno while enjoying the free music playing. They have a pool table too.
Really a fun place to go, with great food.

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

Quick dinner with the wifey, it was empty in the dinning area when we arrived at 430 on a Saturday but the bar was packed due to an "O" game. The food was great except for the French onion soup. Had the carb quesadilla. Cheap beers..this is were the locals eat. Apparently you need to make reservations for dinner as it gets packed after 6 or 7pm

Been to Bushmill Tavern? Share your experiences!