“Tasty Hidden Gem!”

La Tolteca
Ranked #6 of 61 Restaurants in Aberdeen
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

Found this place via Yelp when in town for a baseball game. Glad we stopped in! We split chicken street tacos as an appetizer. I had the cilantro lime chicken which was juicy and perfectly marinated. He had the pork carnitas which were a little dry (hence the downgrade to 4 stars) but they were tasty. Service was pleasant and attentive. Will definitely stop in when in town or on nearby 95!

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 6 August 2018

I normally go for lunch because they have 10plush lunch specials at a very reasonable price and the food is always good. The flavor in the dishes are very good. you get a lot of food for the money, I always have leftovers.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

Food was over cooked, meat had no taste was hard and had too much fat,beans needed salt and had a burned taste to it salad looked old, my husband's meat was in chunks instead a small cut pieces and as well food had no taste. Waitresses were rude and unwelcome,male waiters were a little better. We went there because I have not found a rental so I can't have a real home cooked meal we went there thinking we would eat a great meal but it was a total disappointment both his food an mine were tastless never eating here again don't really know why they have that much business.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 20 June 2018

High prices, poor service, low quality, poorly prepared. Salsa sauce tastes like italian pizza sauce. low portions

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 25 May 2018

We went for a Sunday dinner and had the combo beef burrito, chili relleno, rice and beans #7, and the chicken fajitas taco salad #122. I substituted a beef burrito for the enchilada.  When our dinners came out they were hot as we would expect.   My wife’s taco salad came with beef and chicken instead of just chicken but there still was a lot of chicken for her to enjoy.  The flour tortilla was not even close to crispy as we used to get  on other visits and seemed to be pre-fried earlier and somewhat soft and not flakey.  Nothing worse than a  soft tortilla among other things.  The flavor was still very good so this was only a small problem.   My beef burrito was very good so was the rice and refried beans.  The chili relleno was a disappointment.   It was not a roasted  poblano, it was raw and lightly stuffed with cheese.   They sprinkled cheese over it and put it in the salamander(?) or the oven but it was not coated with a egg white/flour coating and deep fried like it should have been done.  The pepper was very hard and was not really cooked at all.  Quite a disappointment since we have gone to several La Totecas in MD and PA for over 25 years.   This was not our first time at this location, we have been here 5-6 times but they have cut too many corners and it was not as good as before. We will give it one more try, it may have been an off day.

Date of visit: May 2018

Been to La Tolteca? Share your experiences!