“Excellent, whatever its name”
Review of Johnnies Poki Bowl

Johnnies Poki Bowl
Ranked #17 of 60 Restaurants in Aberdeen
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Double-check: Name is actually Johnny’s?

Had customized poki bowls for dinner, $12 each. Soba noodles, rice, yellowtail, eel, salmon, avocado, mango, edamame were on ours, plus tons of other options on the menu. Plus yummy sauces.
Functional, no-frills interior (they’ve been open only a week or so, but this interior is designed always to be cafeterialike). No wait for food, conscientious employees. Considering the fresh and tasty (and depending on one’s choices, healthy) food we got here, a bargain. According to the staff, this Poki Bowl restaurant is affiliated with Johnny’s in Perryville, another entry in its plus column. This is a welcome, welcome fresh fast-food joint. Welcome to the neighborhood, Johnny’s!

Would recommend to the management: prompter attention to cleaning tables as customers leave, and the addition of a recycle receptacle (Sadly, our recyclable dinnerware, forks, chopsticks and soda bottles went to trash for lack of the better option.).

Reviewed 9 March 2018

I stopped by today for lunch. After placing my order on the screen it took over 1/2 hour for the food to be prepared. I understand they are busy however I can't wait that long when I am on my work lunch break. The food itself was good quality. I got a Spicy Tuna Poki Bowl. They had a good sized bowl with a generous amount of rice. There was a small portion of tuna on top. I also added the spicy shrimp. My meal which included a can of soda was $16. I find that to be above the price point I typically want to spend for lunch. Overall, the food is good quality and its nice to have a new option in Aberdeen, I just wouldn't recommend going at lunchtime due to the wait.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

What a great meal. If you like poke this is the place for you. They do offer some cooked options such as crab and shrimp,for those that don’t care for raw tuna. The food reminded me of Hawaii. You order off of screens and can customize your bowl or burrito. I plan on visiting again soon to try more combinations. I had the spicy tuna bowl B4 and it was amazing.

Reviewed 28 February 2018

We are longtime fans of Johnnie's Sushi House in Perryville, so when Johnny opened a new restaurant in Aberdeen, we knew we had to check it out. Although it is Sushi related, it is not a sushi restaurant, but offers a sort of sushi in a salad or burrito.

My husband ordered a Signature bowl, I created my own. My husband does the raw and I do the cooked options. Lucky for us, one of our favorite items from his other restaurant, Spicy Crab Salad is on this menu too.

We will be back to try all the options!