All reviewssteam roomhot tubhome friessitting roomindoor pooleggscontinental breakfastmini fridgeparking lotfront desk staffnew englandfireplacepresidentialmainepedicuretelevisionhousekeeper
Reviewed 11 October 2015

We visited Maine to visit friends and to theexperience a New England autumn. The staff was friendly, accommodating and gave great suggestions The young lady, Jessica who kept our room tidy was sweet and suggested the onsite restaurant, Coud 9. Perfect because we didn't feel like getting back into the car and we enjoyed our meal. The room was nicer than I expected. Great deal. We are planning to stay there next visit.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Jonathan R, Manager at Senator Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2015

Thank you for sharing your experience of the Senator Inn. It’s great to hear that our staff was very accommodating to your needs during your stay. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 10 October 2015

Loved this hotel, my room was comfortable and clean. The continental breakfast was exceptional with something for everyone, the staff was very helpful and friendly. House keeping kept my room spotless and my housekeeper Jessica made my bed just the way I requested and gave me great tips on where to go site seeing thank you Jessica. When ever I visit Augusta I will definitely stay at the Senator Inn and you should too.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends

We appreciate you taking the time to review the Senator Inn and Spa. We are thrilled to hear of your excellent stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the Augusta area.

Reviewed 10 October 2015

The accommodations were very good. Clean & quiet room.

Food was excellent with knowledgeable staff who paid attention to details.

The housekeeping staff member, Betty, was superb to work with. She was cheerful and very accommodating. It was a pleasure to work with her.

When in the area, we would stay again.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple

We greatly appreciate your wonderful review of the Senator Inn. It’s always nice to hear that our staff was very accommodating during your stay. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 9 October 2015

We were driving around Maine looking at leaves and decided to stay here. Good location adjacent to I-95 and easy to get on and off the highway. Hotel condition was average and could use some refreshing. Room and bed were comfortable and quiet until the fire alarm went off at 6:45am. Restaurant on site and was a good choice for dinner and complimentary breakfast. Starbucks just opened next to this property.

Room Tip: If you are visiting the State Capital, this is a great location.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your experience of the Senator Inn. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay. We do apologize for the fire alarm going off in the morning. The steam room door was left open in the Spa and set off the alarm. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 6 October 2015

The hotel looked great online (look at the pictures). What the reality of staying there was a stark contrast. The rugs in the hallways were buckling, water damage in the walls, 'lost' refrigerator was found in the bathroom, two fire alarms during the night, surly (Ian?) receptionist and general musty smell had myself and my colleage checking out after the first night. Also, and perhaps we missed this, it is also a motel with access both inside but also outside like those horror shows we see.

Stayed: October 2015
Jonathan R, Manager at Senator Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2015

Thank you for taking the time to review the Senator Inn & Spa. Your comments are important to us in our efforts to improve our standards of service. The fire alarm was due to the door in the steam room being accidently left open.
On behalf of the Senator Team, I would like to extend my apology for the disappointment that you’ve encountered with your stay.
As the Front Office Manager, I would be happy to speak with you regarding the details of your stay and provide you with a satisfying resolution. You can reach me at info@senatorinn.com or 207-622-5804.