All reviewssteam roomhot tubhome friessitting roomindoor pooleggscontinental breakfastmini fridgefront desk staffparking lotyogurtnew englandfireplacepresidentialmainepedicuretelevision
Reviewed 9 October 2015

We were driving around Maine looking at leaves and decided to stay here. Good location adjacent to I-95 and easy to get on and off the highway. Hotel condition was average and could use some refreshing. Room and bed were comfortable and quiet until the fire alarm went off at 6:45am. Restaurant on site and was a good choice for dinner and complimentary breakfast. Starbucks just opened next to this property.

Room Tip: If you are visiting the State Capital, this is a great location.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Jonathan R, Manager at Senator Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2015

Thank you for sharing your experience of the Senator Inn. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay. We do apologize for the fire alarm going off in the morning. The steam room door was left open in the Spa and set off the alarm. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 6 October 2015

The hotel looked great online (look at the pictures). What the reality of staying there was a stark contrast. The rugs in the hallways were buckling, water damage in the walls, 'lost' refrigerator was found in the bathroom, two fire alarms during the night, surly (Ian?) receptionist and general musty smell had myself and my colleage checking out after the first night. Also, and perhaps we missed this, it is also a motel with access both inside but also outside like those horror shows we see.

Stayed: October 2015
Jonathan R, Manager at Senator Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2015

Thank you for taking the time to review the Senator Inn & Spa. Your comments are important to us in our efforts to improve our standards of service. The fire alarm was due to the door in the steam room being accidently left open.
On behalf of the Senator Team, I would like to extend my apology for the disappointment that you’ve encountered with your stay.
As the Front Office Manager, I would be happy to speak with you regarding the details of your stay and provide you with a satisfying resolution. You can reach me at info@senatorinn.com or 207-622-5804.

Reviewed 6 October 2015 via mobile

I stayed here on business and had a horrible experience. Ten to fifteen cigarette butts by the front entryway. Torn wallpaper. The handle on the shower was missing. Large stain the size of a medium pizza in the doorway. Many stains throughout.Very bad smell. Overrall dirty. Afraid to touch or sit on anything.
Front desk clerk recorded my concerns on a small piece of scrap paper and only half heartedly thanked me for my feedback.
There must be a better choice of places to stay in Augusta, Maine.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Your comments are important to us in our efforts to improve our standards of service.
On behalf of the Senator Team, I would like to extend my apology for the disappointment that you’ve encountered with your room.

Reviewed 4 October 2015 via mobile

My family arrived at 1am. We were greeted and checked into the room immediately. The staff was friendly. Clean, spacious, pet friendly and priced right, we will be returning every year for the next 4 years as the Inn is only 30mins from Bates College! (I would have given an excellent rating but the keycard had to be replaced more than once and still did not open one set of doors).

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family

We greatly appreciate your wonderful review of the Senator Inn. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our stay and that our staff was very accommodating and friendly. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 4 October 2015

This is the third year we have stayed here while vacationing in Maine. Beginning with the first visit we took a fellow reviewers suggestion and paid the extra for the Presidental section. Excellent idea. The room is large and comfortable, with all the extras. The complimentary breakfast is very good! And we even met Betty, the friendly housekeeper, who kept our room so clean and all the "supplies" full. We shall return.

Room Tip: Presidential Wing is best.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple

We greatly appreciate your review of the Senator Inn. We are thrilled to hear that the Senator is your place to stay while in Augusta. We look forward to seeing you again soon.