“Augusta’s premiere hot spot ”

Margaritas Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 102 Restaurants in Augusta
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Authentically delicious food and drinks made fresh to order daily. Art and furnishings handcrafted in Mexico. For family, friends and community, the fiesta starts here. It’s like being in Mexico without getting on a plane.
Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

I love authentic Mexican food and this place is more than that. I was in Mexico City the other day and my meal tasted like cardboard compared to this fine place. The nachos could only be described as heavenly! I thought the wait staff were the best I ever encountered and I have been in over 120 countries and at least 6 thousand restaurants in my lifetime. This place is is so good that I drank an entire bottle of tequila and wasn’t even hungover the next day! I like to eat mass amounts of tacos and burritos when I’m drinking but I hit my limit after 6 because they were so filling. The guy sitting at the bar next to me dared me to do shots with him and I took him up on it. The next thing I know I’m out the door calling a cab to take me across the street to the hotel. I couldn’t walk I was so full. Love this place.

MargsMex, Manager at Margaritas Mexican Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2018

Hi there, thank you for the kind words! We're so happy to hear you enjoyed our authentic Mexican feel, we want everyone to cross the threshold and feel like they just stepped into a mini-vacation, so we're glad we were able to impress you! We hope you'll come back and visit us when you're back in the area! Feel free to visit all of our unique locations throughout the northeast, in your travels!

Reviewed 11 January 2018 via mobile

Nice middle of the road Mexican joint. Went back twice in 2 weeks. Great margaritas and above average food. We will definitely be there again!

MargsMex, Guest Relations Manager at Margaritas Mexican Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2018

Thank you for the positive feedback! We hope to see you twice more over the next two weeks!

Reviewed 27 November 2017

A business associate I was meeting with suggested this place and it was close to the hotel so we went. Service was slow, food was so so, price was not that bad. But I don't think I would recommend this place or go back

Reviewed 25 November 2017

Nope.

The margaritas were awful; the first one tasted like toxic waste and the second pink one tasted like pepto bismol.

The salsa tasted like bad store-bought and the chips with it were stale and salty.

The fish tacos took bad to a whole new level. Except the shrimp one... but the others were bad. Spent a lot of time looking for the fish in the middle of a bunch of hard batter. It seriously seemed like they took leftover fish n chips off someone's plate and threw them in these tacos.

Oh, and the place was loud and dumpy too.

Never again.

Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

Extremely popular place for the locals. However, if you have had real Mexican food you will be disappointed. I skip this place now because it’s not homemade Mexican. Salsa is horrible.

Been to Margaritas Mexican Restaurant? Share your experiences!