“Always Consistent”
Review of Mac's Grill

Mac's Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Mac's Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 106 Restaurants in Auburn
Price range: US$12 - US$28
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: We are a high energy restaurant with a vibrant neighborhood bar and grill appeal. Though we are known for our steaks, you will find there is something on the menu to please anyone in your group. We serve Choice Black Angus beef which is hand cut daily on the premises. Whether you are looking for a full course meal, or just out for a cold beer and a great burger, you are sure to feel right at home. So, throw on your most comfortable jeans and join us for a great meal and lots of laughs. Just a couple miles from downtown Auburn, you can't miss our log cabin featuring a comfortable deck for outside dining.
Reviewed 23 August 2018 via mobile

This restaurant is always consistent with great service, food and atmosphere.
The Bull Chips are a wonderful appetizer.
Salads are great as well as the steaks.
I felt slightly rushed when we were there as always busy.

Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

I went here for lunch after my newborns drs appointment and decided to treat myself to the filet mignon. Which I thought was quite expensive, but it sounded so good, the description said "8 oz. bacon wrapped tenderloin topped with garlic butter or Bleu cheese crusted. With two sides." I came in around noon on a Tuesday. They were not busy. But may have been short staffed, as my server seemed preoccupied and took a while to greet me. She was friendly, but short. When I got my food I was slightly disappointed to see only a single strip of bacon wrapped around the outside of my steak, (but I supposed I should have asked for clarification)but it was not cooked quiet to my request. It was rather tough for filet mignon, and there was barely any garlic butter on it. I got the sweet potato fries and garlic mashed potatoes for sides. The fries were amazing but the mashed potatoes were very clumpy and had actual garlic cloves clusters in it, which was very different, and not as good as I was hoping... was disappointed considering how much it cost... when I was finished eating my server was not around and I had to flag down someone else to find her to cash out... then they wouldn't take my TD bank GC I had. Which was very frustrating, and the server kept telling me there must not be money on it. So I had to prove it to her and bring up the website to check the balance and show her. She was very short and said I dont know, I already tried it twice you'll need a different form of payment I guess. I don't know if I will give them another try or not.

Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

We checked out Mac’s on Monday when they had 30% off burgers. Between the four of us, we had two Whiskey Burgers, one Buffalo Burger (not buffalo meat - more like bleu cheese and buffalo sauce), and a fish sandwich. Everyone was thrilled with their choices. Sweet potato fries were perfectly cooked and served with a cinnamon sugar cream cheese. Potato fries were tossed with something yummy....maybe Parmesan?? Definitely not overpowering but very tasty. Waitress gave us almost a little too much time starting off, but once she got there, she was very pleasant and attentive. Their slogan is “Where the locals eat” and I can see why!!

Reviewed 11 August 2018

A treasure we found while driving. Delicious food, with wide screen tv for watching the games. Hamburgers melted in your mouth. Much bigger than anticipated.

Reviewed 5 August 2018

The restaurant was a busy place to be but we were still seated within 20 min and food was prompt and tasty!