All reviews room was clean attending an event off the highway maine turnpike weekend stay the general manager muffins
Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

Very clean, quiet, super friendly staff. I work nights and I'm able to sleep through the day. I would highly recommend Fireside Inn and Suites. Very comfortable beds. Good television. Hot water! Very affordable. I could go on and on. I have zero complaints.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
RICHARD N, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2018

Dear Guest: Thank you for staying at Fireside Auburn and for your 5 star review. We have made many improvements since we arrived back in march and are are still working around the clock to make The Auburn Fireside the place to stay in Lewiston - Auburn. Oue new lobby is our latest remodel and coming early next year. Our dining and pub area will re- open. We appreciate your comments and look forward to your next visit to Auburn Fireside

Reviewed 26 August 2018

Only saving grace, was room had comfortable mattresses, pillows and quality/decent size TV. Room was decent size and clean. Supposedly recently renovated but they are already neglecting maintenance. Arm of office type chair was broken - needed a bolt replace. Toilet was dangerous - plastic connectors holding seat together was broken so it moved around when sat upon.
I have difficulty walking & have to use a walker. Asked for and was promised a room easily accessible breakfast nook and outside pool. Given a room accessible from parking but couldn't walk to breakfast nook because it was too far away. In order to use outside pool, I would have gotten back into my vehicle and drive to other side of motel.
Roommate brought Continental Breakfast back to room for me. Overall disappointing but more specifically disgusting in that I found a hair in my muffin.
Some Front Desk personnel need further training in customer relations, in particular - really listening to clients concerns and responding appropriately
It isn't that this chain doesn't know how to run a inn/motel. Their Fireside Inn & Suites in West Lebanon, NH is the best. I just don't know why they wouldn't operate the Auburn, ME location to the same standard.

Date of stay: August 2018
RICHARD N, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2018

Dear Guest: Thanks for your review. it is reviews like yours that help us improve our hotel. We do have a maintenance repair program in place and looks like we missed a couple of things that needed attention to your room. We are under new management and are working around the clock to make our Fireside Inn a great place to stay. Our front desk service is second to none, but we will continue our training program to make it even better. On your next trip to Auburn Fireside please call me direct so I can make sure your room is perfect and close to our lobby and breakfast area.

Reviewed 11 August 2018

THE CONS:
• It is next to a truck stop and a lot of truckers stay here. While it was not unbearable, there was a lot of engine and air brakes noise.
• There were multiple dogs staying in rooms adjacent to mine and I could hear unchecked barking at virtually all hours.
• While the hotel was recently rehabbed, it is still showing wear and tear. There were small gaps in the door jamb and threshold; the faceplate for the cold water faucet in the shower spun around with the dial whenever you turned it. A small thing but the ugly abstract art hanging over each bed were duplicates. Never seen that.
• There was no stopper in the bathroom sink, making it easy to lose smaller items down the drain.
• Conversations of other guests could be heard clearly through the ventilation system in the bathroom.
• Upon arrival, I stood at the front desk for four or five minutes without any acknowledgment while the desk clerks talked about various issues.
THE PROS:
• The room was clean and the bed was fairly comfortable.
• The location is handy for a traveler.
• There was a nice microwave and a mini refrigerator, which cannot always be counted upon in lodging these days.
• The air conditioning was excellent, which was very important given the high heat and humidity during my stay; and there was also an electric fan in the room, a nice bonus not seen it any other hotels in my travels
• Plenty of parking makes it easy for you to park close to your room and help with loading and unloading.
• The desk clerk gave me a 20% discount when I checked out, presumably because I complained about the barking of dogs. This was welcome and fair recompense.
• The Wi-Fi was better than average.
• I booked late so choices were limited but this price seemed to be among the lowest in Lewiston-Auburn.
• Finally, sside from the noise issues, it met my most important factors: good AC, a fridge, a decent coffeemaker; a shower with good water pressure; and no foul smell as happens in many hotels.

Room tip: Ask for a remodeled room — or at least one on the back or the highway side, away from the truck stop.
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
RICHARD N, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2018

Dear Guest: Thank you for your candid review. It is reviews like yours that help us to make improvements moving forward. We are under new ownership and management and have been working around the clock to make the Fireside a good lodging experience. We will share your Pros and Cons with our staff and we look forward to seeing on your next trip to Auburn

Reviewed 26 July 2018

This motel is really up and coming. A new owner purchased the property about two months ago and is really improving everything. The bad reviews that you read are from the previous owner. One big point to make here is that is now American owned! The staff are the best. From the GM-Bud to the front desk, the house keepers and the best maintenance man around-Brian. They all seem so happy to be here and to have you staying with them. They just make it seem like home with a big swimming pool in the middle. Of course there are improvements that they are still working on but you can see they are really working hard on getting them done. Everyone asks how your stay is going. Heck Bud the general manager even comes in on Sunday to make sure all is going well. Take a chance like my brother and I did. You will not regret it. If you do tell someone and give them a chance to make amends. Don’t just get on here and write a bad review. Let them make it right. I’m sure they will. Their just that kind of people.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
RICHARD N, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2018

Dear Guest: Thank your for your great review of our Fireside Auburn, Maine. We are under new ownership and management and are working around the clock to make our hotel the best value in Lewiston - Auburn. Yes the staff under my direction really enjoy coming to work and giving our guest great service!. Thanks John for spreading the word about the "New Fireside Inn and suites" and we hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

Stayed for 1 night. I will start with some positives. Bed was comfortable with plenty of pillows that weren't paper thin. The shower pressure was good and there was hot water for a couple of people. Now the bad stuff. Service was ok. Breakfast choices were poor and one of the coffee makers was broken. The thing that got me was the cleanliness of the room. Crumbs on the floor, the trash was not emptied from previous persons stay, something behind night table, and spider webs on ceiling. Also should have plugs next to bed that are easy to get to. I am a person that keeps the phone near me and uses it as an alarm so it would have been nice to have it plugged in. I had family stay in other rooms and they were just as unhappy.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
RICHARD N, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2018

Dear Guest: Thanks for your review. I am sorry that our breakfast offerings and room cleanliness were not acceptable. As general manager, I will review your comments with my management team and make corrections as needed. If you are ever back in our area again, please call me direct and I will see to it that your stay will be a positive experience along with a great rate.