All reviews bates college bedroom suite full kitchen buffalo wild wings ruby tuesdays get togethers walmart supercenter favorite hotel fire pit basketball court nice indoor pool comfortable hotel hotel staff walk in shower hot tub laundry room a great stay
Reviewed 17 September 2018

I traveled solo up from Salisbury MA on my motorcycle to spend a quiet night and then take my time riding back the following day.

The staff was very accommodating, friendly, and helpful. The indoor pool was great. There is an outside gathering area with chairs around a fire pit. I didn't go out there, but I did see some people enjoying it after dark.

Across the street (walking distance) are at least a couple of places to choose from for dinner. There is a Longhorn steak restaurant (the front desk at hotel also gave me a coupon for a free appetizer or dessert when I mentioned going there), and I also noticed a Ruby Tuesdays. I didn't stick around long enough to check out the immediate area, but it seems like a part of town that has plenty of stores, etc. if you need supplies or groceries.

The room was clean and very nice. Full fridge and kitchen area, as well as living area with tv. The king bed in the adjoining room was comfy, and there was also a tv in there. It is a full suite set up - very relaxing and spacious.

I'd go back if I was ever looking for a hotel in the area.

Room tip: My room was on the 4th floor and there was zero noise (on a Saturday night).
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank RuthD
ScottL3472, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Auburn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2018

Dear RuthD,

Thank you for sharing your experience while staying with us in Auburn. Your comments certainly go a long way with us! Thanks again for your feedback and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 12 September 2018

Spent a Saturday night here. The front desk staffers (general manager Scott and front desk supervisor Rosemary) could not have been friendlier and more helpful. Hotel is literally walking distance to all the shopping you could need. Room was clean and quiet and we slept very soundly. The bed was luxuriously soft and comfortable. We didn't want to get out of it. We appreciated that the climate control system had a constant fan setting which produced a steady light blowing noise which was enough to drown out any other noise. The windows had blackout shades which kept the room nice and dark. The breakfast was great and had something healthy that we enjoyed but don't normally see: scrambled egg whites as well as regular scrambled eggs. Nice indoor pool for the kids to enjoy. Plenty of parking. Will definitely be back.

Room tip: Our room faced the street and it was plenty quiet, but if you want to be safe you could ask for one facing the back.
1  Thank Storyteller756667

Dear Storyteller756667,

Thank you for very kind review. Rosemary was ecstatic when I shared your comments with her. Our "luxurious" beds are awaiting your return. Thank you again!

Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

We have a daughter in school nearby so we stay up here at least once a month. This hotel is very nice, super clean and staff are great! My only negative was breakfast. I've eaten at a lot of these buffet type set ups. The food was not good. There was a variety, but the quality of the food was so so. I may be a critic but there's an opportunity to boost the breakfast here. The turkey sausage was like steamed, very watery and no flavor ( no other sausage or bacon). The eggs were typical and there were waffle machines. I would be willing to pay a few more bucks to get a good breakfast . I've had great breakfast at other hotels so I know it's possible. We may stay again but will go out for breakfast.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Sarah B,

I appreciate your honest feedback. My apologies for your sub-par breakfast experience. I am certain this was an isolated experience, and hope that you'll give my team another chance. Again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

Scott A. Laura

Reviewed 6 September 2018

This hotel is situated in the town of Auburn. It is a good spot for a Maine homebase for a reasonable price since it is not in the typical touristy parts. We have stayed here several years ago.

The staff is friendly, attentive and responsive. The ladies at breakfast keep the food replenished and the area clean. The front desk responds quickly with towel requests and issues with TV.

The pool is standard but I did not see a hot-tub.

The location is 20-30 mins from Freeport, 45 mins from Portland, 2.5 hours from Bar Harbor, 1.5 hours from the Maine/NH border. The area is very commercial, so food options and groceries and retail are right there if needed. We ordered from Dominoes and a Chinese take out - they delivered right to the room without issues.

Dear Vernon D,

Thank you for the insight on your recent stay at the Residence Inn of Auburn. Your review will be tremendously helpful to guests that are undecided on a hotel in the area. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon.

Thank You!

Reviewed 3 September 2018

This was the first time we stay at this Hotel . Recommended by a family member. Check in was very easy . Staff very friendly and helpful . Son car broke down on the way here. Was towed to a local service station . Staff printed out direction to service location so I could pick him up. One bedroom suite was very nice. Could have been a little cleaner found items left by former guest. Bed very comfy. Breakfast was very good a lot of choices. Would recommend to hotel . Will stay here again. Rating would have been higher if we had not found clothes in room from former guest.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Scott L, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Auburn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2018

Dear skiphen,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on Trip Advisor. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. My sincere apologies for the oversight from my staff. Every aspect of our suites need to be inspected prior to our next guest's arrival. Again, my apologies for dropping the ball. I will be following up with my staff on the occurrence. I'm glad to hear that you won't allow that isolated incident deter you from selecting us again in the future.

Thank You.