“Creative and tasty - with a bit more room to excel”
Review of House of Bacon

House of Bacon
Ranked #20 of 105 Restaurants in Auburn
Reviewed 21 December 2017

My wife and I thought the idea of a "bacon" restaurant interesting. House of Bacon was nice, open and warm. Staff was alert and helpful and the atmosphere great. The choice of flavorings for the Bloody Mary was a hit. The only problem was the food (and I was assured that new chefs had just been brought on!!). I had chicken tenders with waffles - the tenders were excellent, but there was darn little "bacon-flavored" syrup for the waffles; this made the dish dry. My wife had Eggs Benedict, but the Hollandaise was misplaced on the stack - making for another dry meal. We mentioned this to the waiter and he was pleased to note the comments and assured us the kitchen would be informed. Overall a good experience and we'll be back.

1  Thank pacis1

Reviewed 20 December 2017

I am in town quite often during the year. I was staying at a hotel located across the street and when I went for a walk on a Wednesday early evening, I discovered the House of Bacon on the corner spot that had been vacant for so long.

They told me that they have been open for 10 weeks and are associated with the LAVA restaurant up the street.

They have a nice selection of draft beers. I chose a Dogfish Head 60 minute IPA.

From their dinner menu, I ordered the beef and bacon stew ($11) which comes with a side salad.

The salad arrived 5 minutes later and was quite tasty with various berries mixed with greens.

The stew came about 10 minutes afterwards. It was a large bowl with plenty of tender beef chunks, potatoes, and of course bacon. It was delicious. The garlic toast came in handy to help sop up the remaining broth.

For a place just starting out, they are off to a great start.

Super friendly staff.

Ask about their special of 4 tacos for $1. I am not sure if it is a happy hour special or not. But, I saw several customers partaking of them.

Reviewed 19 December 2017

Stopped in on a Saturday morning with a friend. I have been wanting to try out this place for quite some time. Finally check it out, and my only regret, was not trying it out sooner. The food was awesome. I had the sampler of which they had 5 different spiced bacon styles and my friend had the bacon wrapped scallop salad. Both of which were excellent. Noah was our server and he was great. Fast friendly service and a really good understanding of the food.

1  Thank Tristan R
Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

In addition to great food (BACON) and drinks (BACON), there is stand-up comedy (BACON) every Friday (BACON) and Saturday (BACON) night! This is everything (BACON) Maine needs!

(BACON)(BACON)(BACON)(BACON)(BACON)

1  Thank D_from_Maine
Reviewed 6 November 2017

Very friendly staff and of course Bacon. Lots and lots of bacon dishes. Is a little pricey but worth it...

1  Thank JonBanaciski