“Hard to get to but not hard to love.”

Restaurante SaborViet
Ranked #292 of 1,282 Restaurants in Panama City
Price range: US$3 - US$21
Reviewed 4 September 2018

We stayed at the Waldorf around the corner and unfortunately the street in front of this restaurant has been torn up due to construction. As a result business has not been good and on the night we went only 3 tables were occupied. It is a shame because this restaurant tries hard to please and please it did! Everything was hot and tasty and very inexpensive.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

I previously lived in Vietnam and was pumped to find good bun cha and bun thir nuong in Panama. The place is humble in decor but makes up for it with great food.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 16 January 2018

I visited this restaurant two weeks ago with my friends. I was hoping that we found this little restaurant that will have the authentic vietnamese food. Unfortunately I proved myself wrong.The cuisine had nothing to be proud of. The variety of "mezedes" was not enough to choose only from them, the starters quantity was small and the main dishes were expensive and lacking of creativity. (no more meat with fried potatoes please!). The personal was far too arrogant and inattentive to the needs of the customers.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 13 June 2017

Really tasty food, good prices and good service!
Overall the food was really tasty and well served... except for one of the types of spring rolls.
It was one of the "fresh" ones, not fried. it was 90% noodles in it... :( Not very happy about that. (see picture)

The other food was really good and we are definately coming back!

Date of visit: May 2017
1  Thank Kaos M
Reviewed 24 October 2016

I usually don't do restaurant reviews, but this place deserves it. I have never been to Vietnam to say something like "this is as authentic as it gets" but I will say this: the best Vietnamese food I have tried in Panama and the U.S. so far.

Arrived with some friends on a Saturday afternoon (around 2 p.m.) and the place was 75% full. That caught my attention since the peak lunch hour had passed and people kept coming and going. That made me happy because it means business is good and there are repeat costumers.

We basically ordered soup, some rolls and vegetables to share. I was the only smart enough to order the small Pho Bo (meat soup) because I expected the regular soups to be a bit on the large side and I was right. The broth was amazing and the portion was just right.

Then we went for some Cuốn Tom (shrimp rolls) that were perfectly executed. It came with a peanut sauce to die for. Oh what an incredible mix of flavors and texture. A pure delight.

To finish it off, as my main dish (remember, my friends got the large Pho Bo) I went for some Cai Ngot Xao Nam which is a dish made of mustard leaves and mushrooms in garlic sauce. This was just perfect. The size of the plate was more than enough for me. The garlic sauce was well balanced, and the mustard leaves were tender and cooked to perfection.

This is not a fancy restaurant, but everything was clean, the service was excellent, and the feel of the place was authentic. I can honestly say they have a return customer in me and I will sure bring friends and family to try it. I was well worth it!!!

Date of visit: October 2016