Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.comUS$121
TripadvisorUS$121
travelup.com
Expedia.comUS$121
eDreamsUS$121
ZenHotels.comUS$190
All reviews prime steakhouse sports book platinum member marriott hotels received an upgrade pool area bedroom suite business trip late check the general manager speak english multiplaza mall concierge panama uber
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 July 2018

We had a 2 room suite on the 19th floor. Room was as advertised very spacious and nicely decorated. I have been staying in Marriott hotels for 30 years and for the cost of this hotel was a little disappointed. To me it seemed like the room had not been occupied in a while the kitchen cabinets, closets and drawers smelled musty and damp. The kitchen had 3 mugs a few glasses, a handful of silverware and 4 large dinner plates (that would not fit in the microwave) and no other size plates. Both toilet seats were loose so when you sat on them they moved and you ended up sitting on the toilet bowl (yuk). The water temperature in both showers fluctuated from scalding hot to ice cold. We had a problem with the locking mechanism on one of the bathroom doors that resulted in one of our group being locked in the bathroom for 30 minutes until maintenance could get him out. There was a coffee maker in the room but only made Expresso and there were no other options for any other kind of coffee unless you did room service or one of the restaurants in the hotel.
The hotel did a poor job of advertising amenities specifically the restaurants in the hotel of which there were a few. I had to go down to one restaurant to get a menu as there was no information either on the hotel TV channel or in the room.
Overall disappointing, would not stay there again.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Travellersm
Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

Very good experience: excellent location, good breakfast and very very confortable rooms - pilows and matress 100%. TV system and AC system can be improved but overall great stay. Great installations.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank crobert555
Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Upon recommendation from a friend, we booked a stay at the Sortis. We’d strolled through on previous visits to Panama City and recognized it had a lot to offer. The reception desk is lovely and we were greeted warmly and checked in by Daniel. He asked if we preferred a high floor (and we always do) so we were given a room on the 16th floor. One thing he could have done was ask us if we were Marriott Rewards members. This hotel may not be accustomed to asking that, but it’s very common in the United States to do so and it ensures your loyal customers that their stay is associated with their rewards account. Usually free water or treat is offered as well. Anyway, we get to the room and it is very nice. Very comfortable bed with plenty of pillows. Very clean. There are a few little things that could make this room even better. 1) There is a safe, but there is no lighting in the closet with the safe. Therefore, we had to use our flashlights on our phones to see what we were doing. 2) The bathroom and gigantic shower were amazing! Lots of space and very contemporary. Excellent water pressure and nice products. However, the drain was extremely slow and we had to keep turning off the water to avoid having it run over the edge of the contemporary entry. 3) There is a chair and ottoman in the room. However, the design is dangerous. Though it looks nice and contemporary, this ottoman has legs that stick out past the furniture and cause a trip hazard. It is also in the traffic path. I hit my toe on it - twice - and the second time I actually thought I’d broken my toe. I limped around in pain for the next few days with a black toe from this thing. We finally stuffed it in the corner so it wouldn’t cause another injury. I would think that a large hotel chain like Marriott would consider safety of furniture more essential than aesthetics. An elderly person (or anyone for that matter) can easily trip over this style of ottoman. Beyond all that, it was a very nice hotel with excellent security, very clean rooms, nice linens, nice products and a very comfortable bed. We’ll certainly be back. ...although I’ll be moving that nemesis of an ottoman out of my way again!

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank KfromDtown
Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

If you are coming to Panama and you certainly should, then this hotel must be your choice. Great location with NYC style rooms but huge and a casino if that is your thing. Great gym if you are into fitness and a pool to die for.
Talking about the pool area and bar that joins it, the staff are so friendly and genuine which we all know is a rare find these days. If I could give 5 stars individually to each one of them I would. Tremendous service and made to feel welcome awards go to Merly,karolina, Reiber, Deivis, Adriana . I will be back every year.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 June 2018

The hotel has a very modern style, with many options to eat. The casino is very well equiped and has many options to play. The staff at the Sports bar are very nice and very polite. The hoel is a good place to stay.