Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.comUS$121
Expedia.comUS$121
eDreamsUS$121
AutographUS$121
TripadvisorUS$121
travelup.comUS$218
All reviews prime steakhouse sports book platinum member marriott hotels received an upgrade pool area bedroom suite business trip late check the general manager speak english multiplaza mall concierge panama uber
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 April 2018

I had a short stay in this Hotel however I will make it a priority to stay here in the future. The location is good and it is a very beautiful hotel but first and foremost is the attention to detail from the entire staff.When I first arrived I was well taken care of by Gretel. She was very helpful and professional. The restaurants inside the hotel are also very good. My favorite was Prime. Aby, Santa, Maya and the entire restaurant staff were the best I have ever seen. It is obvious that the management of this hotel realizes that service is the key and they have done a great job in hirirng quality people to take care of making this hotel a success.

1  Thank E83GLDavid
Elzebir V, Gerente at Sortis Hotel, Spa & Casino, Autograph Collection By Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2018

Dear David H,

We really appreciate the time taken to write such a nice review about your stay and our staff. Thank you for appreciate the good work of Gretel, Aby, Santa and Maya at the reception and Prime Steakhouse. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 22 April 2018

Staff and service for our visit here has been exceptional. Gretel upon checkin went above and beyond to make sure that everything we needed was set for a smooth stay. The staff at this facility is what sets the Marriot group apart from other hotel chains. HIghly recommend !!!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Robin K,

We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay at Sortis Hotel and we thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review about the hotel and staff. We will make sure of sharing these comments with our staff to keep up the good work. I will be more than pleased to help you during your next stay.

Reviewed 17 April 2018

As part of a business trip to Panama, I decided to book the Sortis in Panama City. Previously I had stayed at the Le Meridien and the Marriott so I was excited to try a new option for Marriott hotel loyalists.

I arrived about 8:30pm via Uber from the airport. This is definitely the least expensive option for traveling around Panama City.

The hotel complex is very nice with restaurants, a casino, shopping, spas and a swimming pool. Their is a kid friendly place on the 2nd level as well.

At checkin, I spoke to the staff, they thanked me for my loyalty and bumped me up to a 1 Bedroom Suite.

The room is huge with 2 bathrooms, a kitchen, huge dining area, big living room with a view and a big flatscreen and a couch. The bedroom is massive with a huge king bed, closets for days and another large flatscreen. The bathroom had a standup shower (no bath tub) which was nice. The bath products are of high quality and the water pressure was awesome.

The wifi worked well and was fast.

For dinner, I tried out both their Steakhouse and the Sports Bar. The Sports Bar was in a Sports book area hidden in the back of the casino. The signage to it wasn't that great but I found it eventually. The staff was very slow and the food was not that tasty. After dinner and a lunch there the following day, I didn't want to return.

The Steakhouse was super nice though. Be sure to ask for a bib if you order steak otherwise your shirt will be splattered with grease from the steak sizzling on the stone.

Prices are fairly reasonable for PRIME steak with sides as options.

I would definitely return to this hotel if my travels take me back to Panama City.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Elzebir V, Gerente at Sortis Hotel, Spa & Casino, Autograph Collection By Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2018

Dear Shane M,

I´m glad to know that you are a Marriott loyalist as you said and thank you for taking the time to write such an important review for our hotel. It´s nice to know that you enjoyed the suite that we gave you during check in and we will share this review with our staff to encourage them to keep up the good work. Please, feel free to contact me directly for your next stay in Panama.

Reviewed 16 April 2018

I travel to Panama about every 8 weeks and this hotel has some "minor hiccups" every so often (who is perfect?) but I keep coming back because I love the staff and location.

The hotel is what I would call a trendy hotel-- I compare it to the W Times Square and for Panama, a nice "boutique" casino. It is not the Las Vegas Wynn, but my friends and I always have a great time. I walk around the hotel area during the day and find it very safe (the Soho Mall around the corner has Chanel, Louis Vuitton, etc) and you can get to the airport in about 20 minutes. It has great restaurants onsite and my friends have stayed there with kids and they always have a great time as well. BEst hotel gym in the world btw.

Panama is still figuring out speed and customer service- most places in Panama drive me nuts with their terrible customer service but... I have to point out the team at the pool as "always on". When I travel to Panama, I often make the pool couch my temporary office from 9am-3pm. I've stayed at Ritz, St Regis, Four Seasons, etc so I know "high end" and the pool staff here could be swapped out at any of these brands. They smile, check-in often, and seem to be having a good time. The only glitch for me is my Spanish stinks... and most employees speak very little English but they are great at figuring out what I am trying to order. This last trip they did have someone new at the front named Laura who spoke Spanish and English which was a nice addition. It was nice to get recommendations on restaurants and clubs from a local. I noticed something I thought was amazing- the non-English speaking waitress would walk over to Laura, and ask for the English translation before coming to me, and then take a stab at trying English. I was impressed that this young staff was taking the initiative with not only me but the other customers.

With that in mind, I took the time to write down their names as they are awesome- Karolina, Reiber, Maholys, Deivis, Merli and Laura. Whoever hired that team knows what they are doing!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank jimd3636
Reviewed 5 April 2018

We traveled to Panama with our 15 year old son. We got a standard room with 2 beds. The room was clean and modern. Large bathroom with a very large shower! All 3 of us commented how we wished we had this large of a shower back home! We are platinum members and instead of bonus points we opted for the wine & cheese plate. It was delicious! When it was delivered we realized that we didn't have a wine opener and called the front desk to see if they had one. Housekeeping brought one up about 10 minutes later along with a fruit plate they said was for our son. Very nice, and delicious too!

The hotel is close to a lot of restaurants and shops. We ate at Napoli, a wonderful Italian restaurant across the street. My husband and I visited the casino one night and had happy hour drinks and apps which was fun.

We did experience elevator issues like a couple other reviewers posted, but it wouldn't prevent us from staying here again. I would prefer to stay closer to the Casco Viejo area next time, but this hotel is great if this is the area where you want to stay. Driving in Panama City is ridiculous, we took an Uber everywhere for $5-$10.

Enjoy!

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank TeaWithLori

Good Afternoon TeaWithLori,

Thank you for taking the time to make this kind comments about our hotel. I´m glad to know that you enjoyed the cheese & wine plate that you chose as amenity as Platinum member of Marriott Rewards. Also, I apologize for the inconvenients you encoutered with our elevators during your stay.

Anything else you may need, I will be more than happy to help you.