Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
eDreamsUS$132
Orbitz.comUS$132
FindHotelUS$132
All reviews rooftop area bilingual staff restaurants and shops casco viejo excellent stay perfect location old city joel tile balcony housekeeper skyline jacuzzi furniture panama tours canal
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 March 2020

On arrival to Villa Palma, the staffs gentile treatment and my gorgeous room quickly soothed an unpleasant experience at Finca Vela and rough drive from Bocas Del Toro. I loved this boutique hotel so much I extended my stay. It is quiet, located on the periphery of old town and well appointed. The trim gentleman at the reception desk is a natural in hospitality and exceptionally professional and elegant. He knows his profession. The manager was also great.

Date of stay: March 2020
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Kimberly M
Reviewed 13 March 2020

An excellent 14 room boutique hotel in a terrific location in the Old Town of Panama City (Casco Viejo), a block by the water, close to various restaurants and shopping.

Detailed rooms are very clean and extremely well appointed, with quality bathroom supplies, bath gowns and slippers. Only comment would be that there is only one small water bottle and only one coffee capsule, a bit stingy.

The rooms are quiet, but the rooms on the first floor may have a bit of noise from the restaurant below, but that would only be around supper time and also only for a short time.

Pleasant roof top bar with a great view of the city skyline. A small but clean Jacuzzi is on the rooftop, but no one was really using it. Good selection of 5 or so items for breakfast.

Villa Palma has an extremely attentive and flexible staff, really working hard to make the stay pleasant. This a great place to stay for a couple of days.

Room tip: Some rooms, (ie .room 2002), have a tight spiral staircase, but worth the extra effort as the rooms are large and lovely.
Date of stay: March 2020
Reviewed 6 March 2020

Had a lovely stay at Villa Palma. Perfect location in Casa Viejo for walking around the old colonial town and also a short driving distance from the Panama Canal. The gentleman on the front desk was most helpful and knowledgeable. He reserved a rooftop table with fabulous views at Casa Casco for the sunset and directed us to the right shop to buy my Panama hat, thank you.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 23 February 2020

I’m in love! I absolutely adore how esthetically pleasing this hotel is. It’s beautiful! In addition to it’s beauty, the service was superb. The management, front desk attendants, and the bar staff were great. We were greeted by the manager upon our arrival. The day time front desk attendant helped get us to our room, was very friendly, and brought my son (age 8) a nice welcome drink. The evening desk attendant assisted me with booking dinner reservations, made special drinks for my son, gave us warm greetings when we returned each day, etc. They provided a cute gift and handwritten note for my son’s achievements in school. He felt like the luckiest little boy in the world! Also, Joel, the General Manager, checked on us to make sure all was well with our stay. The room was absolutely gorgeous. This hotel is conveniently located in Casco Viejo. It’s walking distance from some great restaurants, bars, shopping, historical sites, etc. If there’s any room for criticism, I’d just say that the rooftop area needs to be brought to life. It’s a beautiful space with lots of potential. I did see a group of people up there discussing some changes with that area, so maybe that’s on the horizon. Overall, I will recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Panamá.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 15 February 2020 via mobile

Unfortunately, this hotel with its lovely facade is not as well run as it should be. I want to preface by saying that the reception, server and housekeeping were very pleasant and nice. However, management needs to step up. Their personnel needs to be trained in the hotel business. Our room only had 1 bottle of water although they say free bottled water. We had to ask reception each time for water. Ameneries were never replenished and when we arrived, the box containing them was half empty. Breakfast was a comedy of errors. We never got what we ordered and instead of waiting for the correct foods. We just let it go. The food was tasty though. The roof top bar that they advertise was rather sad. A guy sits in a closet like room which holds bottles of liquor, wine etc. However he was so busy with his cell phone, he never came to take our order and some tables were not wiped down. These are issues that can be corrected. The bar music in Friday and Saturdays however cannot be changed. We had an interior courtside room and the air conditioner vent emitted some white noise so it helped. Location is good. Book knowing that there are issues.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Macpen2014