“Awesome sushi ”

Tsugoi Asian Cuisine & Lounge
Ranked #85 of 1,231 Restaurants in Panama City
Cuisines: Asian, Japanese, Thai
Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

Have ate here multiple nites, awesome sushi rolls great staff, friendly and accommodating could not ask for anymore

Reviewed 25 June 2017

I had seen this sushi/fusion restaurant last year when in Panama city, so this trip made it point to go and was not disappointed. Went on a Wednesday when the place was buzy but still was able to get a table. The server spoke no English and I no Spanish, but the menu ( also exclusively Spanish ) had picture of everything , was able to point and play charades and got everything I wanted. Food excellent and inexpensive, as were the drinks. So good I went there again Friday, Had an English speaking server this time, and it turns out on fridays all cocktails were two-four-one so completely inexpensive alcolhol was even cheaper! Had three courses and dessert, and will definitely be back there again on my next trip/

Reviewed 17 June 2017

When my wife and I went to the restaurant, we found it a bit dark inside, only to realise that outside was too bright. After choosing our seats, we ordered Volcano and Pollo Agridulce.

The former is a great blend of Salmon and Prawn with a crunchy crust around. The latter was Chicken in Peanut Sauce with Jasmine rice. Delicious.

Order a Panama Beer or a glass of freshly squeezed Orange Juice.

Reviewed 1 May 2017 via mobile

I believe the service has improved a little bit. It's definitely not a traditional japanese restaurant, but more of a fusion kind. I recommend the Tsugoi roll, and the salmon and unagi nigiris. Like I said, not very traditional, but food is tasty.

Reviewed 18 April 2017

I've never been a huge fan of Japanese cuisine, but that prejudice was totally dismissed by our experience at Tsugoi. The restaurant is attached to the hotel we're staying at (Principe) in Panama City, and so it was convenient. But the dining was magnificent. A huge menu - in Spanish naturally - left me struggling with too many options. I finally decided, and when the food was delivered it was truly top class. Beautiful presentation, fresh ingredients assembled on site, and genuinely original taste combinations. The service was great and discreet. Altogether a wonderful experience, highly recommended!